Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by Isaanbarang »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
Well, its your right to disobey the laws in your own country where yoiu are a citixen and have a vote. it is your duty when in another country to respect their vote and their laws. i love the westerners who think they have the right to go anywhere in the world, totally disregard all the laws on drugs, drink diving, prostitution and then go home and complain about the damn foereigners in theire country breaking their countries rules. It seems to m there needs to be research inwhy pot causes outbreaks of extreme hypocrisy amongst its devotees and worhsippers
Pot causes outbreaks of hypocrisy? Haha. Sobriety apperently gives a guy a big chip on his shoulder and a bad case of rage.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

I sure don't see weed smoking as a road to hypocrisy.
Usually, it is the tea totalling stuffed shirt who thinks you should not wear shorts in the tropics is the hypocrite.
I, for one, don't make it a rule to obide by laws in my home country and then go apeshit in another.
I went apeshit in the USA throughout my younger years and was much better behaved in foreign lands..namely..Mexico..Jamaica..
I like to keep a low profile and have a beautiful Khmer lady who is not a partier.
I agree with the folks who said ..go home..keep it mellow...smoke your weed and don't make waves.
I am hoping 2020 is my best year yet on Cambodia.
Happy New Year!!!!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:30 am
pczz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
Well, its your right to disobey the laws in your own country where yoiu are a citixen and have a vote. it is your duty when in another country to respect their vote and their laws. i love the westerners who think they have the right to go anywhere in the world, totally disregard all the laws on drugs, drink diving, prostitution and then go home and complain about the damn foereigners in theire country breaking their countries rules. It seems to m there needs to be research inwhy pot causes outbreaks of extreme hypocrisy amongst its devotees and worhsippers
I do apologise for being able to remain sober and enjoy life. Sometimes i really wish i was dependent on narcotics so i could join your club, but I dont need them to feel good

Pot causes outbreaks of hypocrisy? Haha. Sobriety apperently gives a guy a big chip on his shoulder and a bad case of rage.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

He is lucky. The police found him before more dire things happened to him in his state. Unlucky he had the small bag. Just a casualty of a good night out. Better he goes home. He has his passport and hopefully his ticket. The police will sweep it under the rug. $100 magistrates fine.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

If I remember the OP, this guy got wasted and was found passed out on the floor of a pagoda. Fair enough, some monks were concerned about the unconscious barang, and called the police. He had a bag of weed in his pocket.
He wasn't set up. He set himself up. Bad things can happen to good people, but sometimes you make these things happen yourself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic