Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

basta.binici wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm Is anyone familiar with the state of play with those 99yr island concessions issued approx 12-14 years ago?
About 10 concessions from memory - to most of the major islands....
Any updates??
You can find the answers here. The issues were solved in 2018. No issues anymore from 2018. Please, read:
https://kohrongre.com/koh-rong-and-saml ... ownership/
Thanks Basta, My question was about all the concessions generally - and all the grandiose promises,
but thanks for this info on K.Rong at least.

Yeah, i know what you mean about unreliable rumours. I'm a "hard-facts" "what's your source" kinda guy myself.
But you can't be too critical of people telling half-baked stories. imo. Transparency and openness by those who are inside the loop is pretty rare here. So thanks for sharing your info/knowledge.
And at least Willy asked straight up front. I know it must be hard sometimes in your business, but there are those of us who sometimes feel the need to "interrogate" anybody who is offering land for sale in Cambodia. Often quite validly. So much land has been stolen here.
But you can probably understand that too.
Anyway, thanks again.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 am
basta.binici wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm Is anyone familiar with the state of play with those 99yr island concessions issued approx 12-14 years ago?
About 10 concessions from memory - to most of the major islands....
Any updates??
You can find the answers here. The issues were solved in 2018. No issues anymore from 2018. Please, read:
https://kohrongre.com/koh-rong-and-saml ... ownership/
Thanks Basta, My question was about all the concessions generally - and all the grandiose promises,
but thanks for this info on K.Rong at least.

Yeah, i know what you mean about unreliable rumours. I'm a "hard-facts" "what's your source" kinda guy myself.
But you can't be too critical of people telling half-baked stories. imo. Transparency and openness by those who are inside the loop is pretty rare here. So thanks for sharing your info/knowledge.
And at least Willy asked straight up front. I know it must be hard sometimes in your business, but there are those of us who sometimes feel the need to "interrogate" anybody who is offering land for sale in Cambodia. Often quite validly. So much land has been stolen here.
But you can probably understand that too.
Anyway, thanks again.
You are right.
We offer to run a due diligence (cheap cost) by an independent lawyer. They will find out any problem about the land and ownership if there is. We recommend payment by Escrow or directly at land department signing official hard title transfer contract.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Obviously another Chinese Naval base.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I find it hard to believe that Kith Meng lost the lease. After all we know who he is the bagman for. They sold the block on Occateul I believe.
As for the independent lawyer stuff, that’s a ridiculous claim. Good luck with the sale, there are plenty of people with money out there.
But where does the waste water go and how are those piers anchored. Any engineering drawings?
This is a forum for tossing around opinions. Many dare to ask awkward questions. Truth and transparency should be the order of the day even if it is Cambodia.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

How much for the house? - at the end of the pier there ^^
It is slightly more substantial than i had envisioned, but otherwise it meets all my requirements. Perfectly.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm How much for the house? - at the end of the pier there ^^
It is slightly more substantial than i had envisioned, but otherwise it meets all my requirements. Perfectly.
It is my dream home too. Needs a hummock and some music.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Read the news about subdecree in the link below. More than 1200 land plots on Koh Rong are acknowledged by a subdecree by HE in 2018:https://www.khmertimeskh.com/480079/pm- ... d-dispute/
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:58 pm I find it hard to believe that Kith Meng lost the lease. After all we know who he is the bagman for. They sold the block on Occateul I believe.
As for the independent lawyer stuff, that’s a ridiculous claim. Good luck with the sale, there are plenty of people with money out there.
But where does the waste water go and how are those piers anchored. Any engineering drawings?
This is a forum for tossing around opinions. Many dare to ask awkward questions. Truth and transparency should be the order of the day even if it is Cambodia.
Royal Group hasn't lost the lease. RG is one of the companies developing the airport that will be situated on their land, they have one big resort operating there already and few others in planning phase. I don't think they ever leased the whole island, did they?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

just a thought on the big picture
re us guys supporting the kind of development/tourism that we would prefer
post386784.html#p386784
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia