Navy Officer Kills Chinese Man During Burglary

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Navy Officer Kills Chinese Man During Burglary

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:09 pm Anyway, most of the planet has sensible gun laws.
Fully supported by the majority from across the political spectrum.

Slipping in the shower?? How is that relevant?

(ps Mish - you are never gonna get me calling your opinions rightist shit. I prefer my fierce uncompromising arguments to still be sensible, rational and based around the issues. And respectful, to the best of my ability)
yes you are right i did call it leftist shite - another harmless name for thieving cunts of our god given rights to defend ourselves without permission from human demi-gods... well yes you are more likely to die from slipping in the shower than be shot during a 'home invasion'. so we can go for the facts!!!. either way someone come my house like that will get a welcome.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

PS i try my best to stay friends with you Mish.
'gotta feeling i'm gonna want to borrow your gun one day
- to shoot this annoying little rightest shite that i know.

chuckle - no, belly laugh
(and best wishes regardless)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:29 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:56 pm In my country he would go to jail. They would expect a trained and armed navy officer to disarm to petty thieves without the need to kill them. A simple shot in the leg would have done, or even in the knee if he wanted more (revenge).
You really expect someone finding multiple, possibly armed intruders inside their home, to pull some ju-Jitsu type move and disable them? And to talk of shooting them in the leg, it would appear you have zero understanding of shooting a firearm in such a situation, the uncertainty & stress involved combined with the instinct to neutralize the threat would result in a shot to the centre of mass every time.
Shots to the leg are for the movies, they only happen in real life by accident.
No, all I am saying is that from a trained military person with (a license to carry) a gun a (more) professional attitude is expected in situations like this than from the ordinary man confronted with a burglary.

I don't know what happened, I just reacted to the people giving out virtual medals and virtual beers to the military guy for killing one of the cunts, and seriously wounding the other. There's two sides to everything, and at least in my country the right to carry a gun comes with responsibilities.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I just love it when the left leaning folks trot out the emotionally charged words... ‘homeowners executing thieves that break into their homes’ or ‘rational people agree with gun bans.’ Implying that those that don’t agree with them are blood thirsty executioners (killers) or irrational (and thus crazy) for not agreeing with them.

It doesn’t matter if the person is a police officer, SEAL on leave or whatever ‘trained’ person. Break into someone’s house at 12am, attack them and then expect them to use whatever force necessary to stop the attack.

Cops die every year from ‘disarming’ criminals. It may take the officer 2 or 3 seconds to react, 1 second for a scumbag to plunge a knife into the heart.

Being a man in Cambodia doesn’t stop thieves from trying to snatch your wife’s pure, or bag, or cell phone.

I’ve gotten all the ill will off my heart now. Merry Christmas ya’all!
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

By saying I wish I had my 1911 in Siem Reap it is like saying I wish I had my car..all my tools...my woodworking stuff..chain saws...
A weapon is just a tool.
I actually feel safer in Cambodia than I did working in Chicago..Near D.C....Phoenix..LA..
Out in the country the cops are not coming.
If I drive 35km to town and don't have a gun with me when I drive the 35km home..a meth head or other fool could be in my house. My nearest neighbor is 1km from my house.
I feel safe in Thailand and Cambodia...
I don't look for shit..don't start shit..
But, home invaders are not coming for coffee.
Of course, if you somehow overpower them, you don't execute them for shits and giggles.
Yes, I would love to have my guns in Cambodia..but, I am not going to break any laws to do it.
I can walk into any gun store in the USA and pass a background check in 2 minutes.
Hell, I order ammo on line from Texas and UPS brings it to my house in 2-3 days.
This nonsense of some highly trained person reacting in a way that would be less violent is bullshit.
They are more than likely going to empty their mag and use extreme force.
They are not trained to wing them or hit their hand.
If someone knocked on my door and asked me for help I would help them if possible.
I have no sympathy for someone breaking into a house at midnight.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I don't believe in Santa Claus or JC and I hate Christmas
but i reach out with all the good will in the world today - especially to those of you i fiercely argue with every other day.
thanks for all the fiercely good times
I do actually fiercely luvya's all. (nb, but only today)

especially Mish and now Bro-5
I would shoot myself if i couldn't fight you guys to the death every day. Makes life worth living.
Best.. to all CEO ratbags.

(nb, just a short truce tho'. I'm busy reloading, resighting, cleaning, polishing..
guns blaze away again in the 'morrow, i pray)
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:04 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:49 pm It's a bit sad - far more householders and their children are accidentally shot by their own guns, held strictly for protection, than are killed by intruders. Same for suicides and domestic violence murders.

States with more guns see more accidental deaths from firearms, and children ages 5 to 14 are 11 times more likely to be killed with a gun in the US compared to other developed countries.

”When 34 injury prevention experts were asked to prioritize home injury hazards for young children, based on frequency, severity, and preventability of the injury, the experts rated access to firearms in the home as the most significant hazard,”

Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense

(nb, not a anti US rant - they just have the best documented case studies, and the most extreme situation. A stark outlier to the norm)
Guns in the home are harmless and do not cause accidental deaths of children or anyone else.
Loaded guns in a house are not harmless and do cause problems, so does leaving the ammunition lying around.
really you should keep weapons and ammunition in seperate places, locked.
If you live somewhere where you feel the need to keep a loaded gun under your pillow at night unload it in the morning.
Its bad gun management that causes most of the problems byt letting unqualified people get their hands on a loaded weapon
172,000 guns stolen during burglaries in the USA in 2018. 60,300 stolen during other property crimes.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: The two burglars sawed through the bars of a window on the second floor, where they entered the house, and then they searched for the safe and busted it open.
Further photos of the crime scene:

Photos of the victims have been placed on the darknet.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:10 am Cops die every year from ‘disarming’ criminals. It may take the officer 2 or 3 seconds to react, 1 second for a scumbag to plunge a knife into the heart.
Right. Cops with M4s and 870s in their squad cars are going to have issues disarming a knife wielding individual... A lone cop is going to approach an individual holding a knife without any backup... yikes. :facepalm:
You don't own any firearms, do you?

Four day training for law enforcement and military personnel
https://www.actiontarget.com/training/letc/

Courses covering a wide range of extreme situations (bus and vehicle assault, MACTAC, SWAT and so on)
https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/course/ ... ntmilitary
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What is it with some Americans that they have to label anything they don't like "left" or "right"? Do they even know how ridiculous they sound?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic