reliable/trustworthy agent for helping with car purchase?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: reliable/trustworthy agent for helping with car purchase?

Post by Queef »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:32 pm I've driven many of Cambodian roads over the past 15 years, back when many were hard packed dirt, now most are paved. Some are terrible, some are very good.
I often do trips thru thailand and Laos an just cause i will be moving to Cambodia, doesn't mean i will give up my trips.

Kinda of crazy to say, "Don't buy a car in Cambodia. You won't need it"

we all have different wants/desires/needs
Well, I can assure you than some Cambodian roads are far better than portions of the 5 freeway. The problem is, the roads are too narrow. One lane going in each direction isn't really efficient especially with cracked out bus/ truck drivers driving like it's an episode of Wacky Races, buffaloes crossing the road, kids playing on the road and potholes the size of Mia Khalifa's asshole. The risks associated with driving in Cambodia outweigh the benefits. Who wants to end up on CEO "Barang ran over little Panha and is now asked to pay $10k to the family". That's $20k for a totaled Camry plus $10k for a get out of jail free card. That's one expensive lemon if you ask me.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rogerrabbit wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm A Toyota Avanza will provide you with freedom with a 100k km Or 5 year warranty for the same price as a jacked Camry.

But indeed, to each their own.
How much is the Avanza?
I didn't check recently, but I vaguely remember around 20k.
Schkuderboy
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Schkuderboy »

It’s closer to $35k for the Avanza or Rush.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Schkuderboy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:00 pm It’s closer to $35k for the Avanza or Rush.
Looks steep to me with a new Vigo pickup starting at 40 something.
Schkuderboy
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Schkuderboy »

I believe that there is less tax on the pickups.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic