nazi legos? aeon mall

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: nazi legos? aeon mall

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:00 am Image

:ROFL:
The white flag has been airbrushed out... :stir:
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:39 am We played with WWII themed stuff all the time when we were kids, and it would have been much closer to the actual events time-wise. Nazis make good bad guys in kid's games. That company makes toys based on lots of different armies. They even have some Afghan War sets with Mujahadeen. 8)

https://www.thebestoyz.com/collections/ ... itary-sets

What shop in Aeon? I want some of these.
I will ask him again which store in Aeon it was.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I don't know what all the fuss is about. As a kid we used to buy these plastic kits all the time of British, American, German aircraft. They're still available now. And no-one is screaming 'Nazi stuff'.

Buy them here: https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/aircraft.html
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Mmmmh...Nazi toys or dolls, nobody knows where that might lead to.
All fun anyway
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

These days, we have political correctness gone mad. In the old days, you could have Nazi toys, or toys of any other persuasion. It did not mean you agreed with their philosophy. They were just toys.

There are some who will suggest, anyone selling Nazi toys is promoting Nazi propaganda. So it will have to be stopped.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:03 am Mmmmh...Nazi toys or dolls, nobody knows where that might lead to.
All fun anyway
Feminist bitch! :stir:
Last edited by jovial fucher on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:39 am We played with WWII themed stuff all the time when we were kids, and it would have been much closer to the actual events time-wise. Nazis make good bad guys in kid's games. That company makes toys based on lots of different armies. They even have some Afghan War sets with Mujahadeen. 8)

https://www.thebestoyz.com/collections/ ... itary-sets

What shop in Aeon? I want some of these.
There are people making a business selling lego pieces. If you dig around this thread you can find them. https://old.reddit.com/r/legos/

TL/DR: too lazy to look
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Lost the white flag.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

A WWII German half track toy...big whoop. I STILL have Corgi tanks from the early 1970s, Tiger and King Tiger. I had the Guns of Navarone play set, complete with mountain fortress and excellent looking 1/35ish scale German soldiers, etc.. I had a full company of German Mountain troops in plastic as well. Then of course, all the American half tracks, Sherman tanks, and enough US soldiers to mow down all the enemies of Liberty.

Later my friends and I made 8mm movies including commando raids on V2 rocket sites, complete with uniforms...didn't turn us into Nazis --- we killed them. Unfortunately, in today's era, we likely would have been arrested for it...
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:30 am

The white flag has been airbrushed out... :stir:
You stole my line!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic