Iranian dude hates Cambodia and goes back to Bangkok after 3 days coz he couldn't get Tinder matches (videos)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Iranian dude hates Cambodia and goes back to Bangkok after 3 days coz he couldn't get Tinder matches (videos)

Post by Yerg »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:24 pm Wish they would address the piles of rubbish so that there’s no garbage to video in the first place. Is the impact on tourism borne from the garbage piles or from some random cunt making rambling videos about tinder in Cambodia?
GMJS, I rarely use the C-word. But you took the words from my mouth. The bloke's a proper c*** and Cambodia is better off without him there. Can't believe I wasted 3 minutes of my life watching his insipid, whiny commentary. Jeez, it's not like Cambodia is a first world country, the "shit" he sees is real life in the developing world. What an absolute prick he was. Good riddance to him. Incel!!! Involuntary celibate??? No mate, the ladies can sniff your bullshit from a mile away. MGTOW???? No, the ladies can sniff your bullshit from a mile away. This bloke probably couldn't score in Corner 136!!!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Iranian dude hates Cambodia and goes back to Bangkok after 3 days coz he couldn't get Tinder matches (videos)

Post by explorer »

The first impression from the first video was that he did not have much respect for girls, which does upset people.

The trash does give a bad impression to many people who come to Cambodia. Some of the smarter Cambodians also understand this, and want to improve the situation. Many others have never known any other way. To them this is just normal, and they don't care. You can tell them what it is like in Australia, or any other country, and they don't understand.

In Cambodia, they should take action, to have bins instead of throwing trash on the ground, and regular trash collection.

If Cambodians took action to make Cambodia a better place, it would be much more attractive for foreigners.

Instead of taking action against him, why not do something to improve the situation?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Yerg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:06 am the "shit" he sees is real life in the developing world.
But it doesn't need to be.

Look how many cars in Phnom Penh are worth over $100,000 dollars. Do you think these people can't afford rubbish bins? Do you think these people can't afford rubbish collection?

It is an issue which can be addressed, and should be addressed.

The problem is not lack of money. It is the result of not caring.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This developing world stuff is bullshit, most of Phnom Penh's residents have relatively decent incomes. Many keep their places tidy. Others make a real mess. Some are just ignorant people but large businesses are also guilty. It's a rural thing too. Construction sites put piles of sand out on the road taking up half of the lane, leave building waste all over the pavement etc. I honestly believe a whole lot of tourists find the garbage so disgusting that they never return. And a whole lot of residents would have happier lives without so much crap everywhere. It needs to be dealt with, no point in attacking the messenger. People should tidy up their yards. Especially along the main roads, it's terrible seeing such a mess. If you want people to respect your country you need to show that you do first.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

explorer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am
Yerg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:06 am the "shit" he sees is real life in the developing world.

Look how many cars in Phnom Penh are worth over $100,000 dollars. Do you think these people can't afford rubbish bins? Do you think these people can't afford rubbish collection?

In a Utopian world, with a perfect garbage collection system, and all things operating as they should be, then this wouldn't be a problem. But we are not in Utopia, and the garbage collection system isn't perfect. My point about developing was more to do with education than anything else. I can only speak from a perspective of my own experience. Spending approaching 18 years in the Middle East, when garbage was the same issue many years ago. It has only improved because people were taught to get rid of it appropriately. And the people with the $100,000 cars are STILL the biggest problem, even today. Pulling in to the laybys and parking areas and simply dumping their trash out of their windows. Because there is someone to pick it up, in their eyes. Just not them! Jeez, garbage in the UK is still a problem, even in 2019. And will continue. It is an issue, it should be addressed (I don't disagree with that at all), but it will take time. Perhaps that was my point originally, and not very well made.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Yerg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:38 am
explorer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am

In a Utopian world, with a perfect garbage collection system, and all things operating as they should be, then this wouldn't be a problem. But we are not in Utopia, and the garbage collection system isn't perfect. My point about developing was more to do with education than anything else. I can only speak from a perspective of my own experience. Spending approaching 18 years in the Middle East, when garbage was the same issue many years ago. It has only improved because people were taught to get rid of it appropriately. And the people with the $100,000 cars are STILL the biggest problem, even today. Pulling in to the laybys and parking areas and simply dumping their trash out of their windows. Because there is someone to pick it up, in their eyes. Just not them! Jeez, garbage in the UK is still a problem, even in 2019. And will continue. It is an issue, it should be addressed (I don't disagree with that at all), but it will take time. Perhaps that was my point originally, and not very well made.
More's to the point, the guy was still a dick.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

explorer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am It is an issue which can be addressed, and should be addressed.

A 'Keep Cambodia tidy' campaign?

The problem needs to be addressed in so many places.

Education, at all levels and ages
A better understanding of the term 'Respect'.
Respect for self, family, neighbours, country.
Taking some pride in ones own environment.
Less insular thinking.

It needs to start somewhere.

Our two older kids have slowly started to understand the message about rubbish. Not simply dropping it where they stand, but actually putting it in the right place. They now ask what to do with particular types of rubbish, but it remains a slow process when their own classmates aren't getting the same home education. The example isn't consistent.

I objected very early on to such things as simply dumping drinks cans when empty. SWMBO pointed out, though, that there are folk who make money scavenging for aluminium cans. Well, now the kids are under instruction to hold onto the cans until they either see the can collectors, or put them in a bin, or the recycling bag that we have at home.

A problem in Cambodia alone? Not really. There are signs up about motorway garbage in the U.K., and the roads are becoming an unsightly mess in places as the current generation seem to no longer get the same messages that prevailed for years before.

But, people fight back at embarrassment quite readily, if they don't have self respect and an ability for self criticism. So, there's a readily available scapegoat.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

When a smart person comes to Cambodia for the first time, it is best to do a lot of looking and listening, to get to understand them. You shouldn't try to make Cambodia like your home country when you first arrive.

After being in Cambodia for some time, and understanding them quite well, there are some issues which you should speak up about.

For example, I did a little voluntary English teaching in a small school, in a small town, where there are a lot of poor people. The people running it, threw their trash on a heap at the back. I told them they can get regular garbage collection for $4 per month. They said they would burn it. A couple of days later, I came to English class, and the room was full of smoke. I told them in an assertive manner, that this is unacceptable. I said, burn the rubbish on Sundays, when few people are around. Telling them was the right thing for me to do. There are times when we need to be honest with them, and help them understand.

The whole throwing trash everywhere is one area where we can all be honest with them. The do gooders make a lot of excuses for them. But it is time Cambodians started improving their country. Do they want to live in rat infested trash for years to come?

I believe that influential Cambodians read this forum. I don't know who or where, but someone somewhere. A small amount of changes may happen as a result of things said on this forum.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:24 am There's some real gems in his ramble.. :santa:

He's settled the Thailand/Cambodia debate...it is extremely primitive here. :wtf:

The aussie guy he talked to copped a serve too: I think his brain is stuck in a loop. And then deduces: I see so many old incels in Asia with mental problems.

Randomly mentions he thinks he has erectile dysfunction but it's cured now (presumably after the wonderful month he claims he had in Bangkok).

And, you can't make this up:
I've had to break things off with girls I was deeply in love with because it cost me my piece of mind. You already know what I love....it's extremely deep... I'm extremely infatuated and obsessed with a girl. To the point that it pains me....I feel this earthly pain through my body. Every cell in my body yearns for her. If I don't get her romantic affection, I feel I wanna die. It's very personal for me to share this with you...I don't think another youtuber has shared with such words with his audience.
:jerk:
oh clutch - yr post made me have to watch the vid... wait a sec

yep - i watched 10 seconds

he has no beer and no ladies so he dunno fuck all - ban him from cambodia.

whinger... no solutions.. sar kheng will boot him out.

cant even get a bird here.. my god - it's 10 seconds work.. fall out of the door and there they are. 10 more seconds and beer appears.

actually mish is happy.. the incel can go on whinging and walking around while i collect more ring pulls and w*nks (winks)..
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:04 am This developing world stuff is bullshit, most of Phnom Penh's residents have relatively decent incomes. Many keep their places tidy. Others make a real mess. Some are just ignorant people but large businesses are also guilty. It's a rural thing too. Construction sites put piles of sand out on the road taking up half of the lane, leave building waste all over the pavement etc. I honestly believe a whole lot of tourists find the garbage so disgusting that they never return. And a whole lot of residents would have happier lives without so much crap everywhere. It needs to be dealt with, no point in attacking the messenger. People should tidy up their yards. Especially along the main roads, it's terrible seeing such a mess. If you want people to respect your country you need to show that you do first.
yes

when i first came my friends left a mess at the restaurants. tissues under the tables and beer cans everywhere. it was a sign of wealth :please:

now we all like a clean table and cans in the bin... everyone looks down on those that follow the old way when we go out.

its happening i'm happy to say JB.. 5 more years maybe?? :beer2:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic