Is it possible to get a mortgage in ABA as a non resident foreigner?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
OrientInvestor
Tourist
Poland

Is it possible to get a mortgage in ABA as a non resident foreigner?

Post by OrientInvestor »

I know I should ask the ABA myself and I’ll do that next time when I’m in Cambodia but maybe some of you reckon if that would be possible.

I’m a 29 yo non resident foreigner with an account in ABA.

I own a hard titled property that I’m renting out to a company (there is a tax paid from that lease) so I got a Cambodian sourced source of income.

Would it be possible to get a mortgage for let’s say 50% value of a property I want to buy?

Would ABA take my apartment as a collateral and approve my source of income from leasing out my property?

If the condo market value is around $250,000 how big mortgage could I possibly get? I bet around $170,000.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: Is it possible to get a mortgage in ABA as a non resident foreigner?

Post by khmerhamster »

No not for non resident.
Also its difficult to get a mortgage for resident foreigners.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I got one from them, but my specifics were slightly different from yours, so just go and ask them. Usually no queuing for questions like that, they'll just bring you upstairs.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OrientInvestor wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:51 am I know I should ask the ABA myself and I’ll do that next time when I’m in Cambodia but maybe some of you reckon if that would be possible.

I’m a 29 yo non resident foreigner with an account in ABA.

I own a hard titled property that I’m renting out to a company (there is a tax paid from that lease) so I got a Cambodian sourced source of income.

Would it be possible to get a mortgage for let’s say 50% value of a property I want to buy?

Would ABA take my apartment as a collateral and approve my source of income from leasing out my property?

If the condo market value is around $250,000 how big mortgage could I possibly get? I bet around $170,000.

Even at a 10 % interest rate your repayments are $17,000 on interest alone. or $1,400 per month.

Repay the mortgage over 10 years = $17,000 per year or $1,400 per month.

Total being $2,800 per month.

Income from rent from the condo is ???

No, I would not give you a mortgage on the info you have given.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
OrientInvestor
Tourist
Poland

Post by OrientInvestor »

I know interest rates are crazy high I was just wondering if it would be possible. Anyway I wouldn’t take a mortgage longer than 5 years and for maybe $35k.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

First question. Who is the company you are renting to and what are they renting it for? Unlike many other areas of Cambodia, bank officers who approve giving out money aren't stupid. If that rental income is nothing more than an affiliated company (either from you or a close friend or relative) renting a headquarters in your condo, then that income won't count for much. If you have a legitimate business purpose for the condo and the rental income is from an unaffiliated 3rd party, and there is a strong probability that you can rent it to someone else if they stop renting, you might have a better shot.

Even if you can get past the non resident part, and make sure the property is very well capitalized, they are going to want a responsible party (read cosigner) in country that they can go after and serve with legal papers if you default.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic