Old NaNa Hotel renamed to Wei Si Deng Hotel (near GSM)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Wei Si Deng Hotel in Phnom Penh nearby GSM

Post by GMJS-CEO »

SHV9 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 pm
SHV9 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:03 am I see they have short time rooms for $10, were there people inside with prostitutes?
Not in my room.
The other rooms would be closed.
I can't help you, maybe someone else?
Or you look at it yourself?
If it is so important to you?
Now we know that this is a place to be avoided. No regular person wants to stay in a flophouse that caters to sexpats and prostitutes. That area is terrible as well, Golden Sorya specifically. Sadly, many of the working girls there are HIV positive but their customers are nearly dead anyway as they are so old. I am not revealing any secret here, expats avoid that area with cause.

Really strange to see you have made 2 threads about a cheap brothel, nobody would ever recommend that place to a friend. You can get the same price and stay where it is not a short-time sex hotel.
Thanks to the extensive education, the "Sexpats" are now well informed! That's exactly what I wanted to avoid. But still with a few words - it was not more of me - to report the new hotel to a well known place.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Old NaNa Hotel renamed to Wei Si Deng Hotel (near GSM)

Post by AndyKK »

I see on Agoda the price of a double room can be had for $15. But the place seems to lack from good or positive reviews from Agoda and Booking.com, more so on clean towels and sheets. but that maybe down to every room used for short time, or new guests have just fallen unlucky to get those odd rooms. It's not a good start for an hotel. But no doubt the hotel will do well with their own country folk, possibly on tour buses, I think that is the difference, because of its past reputation it would not work for any other nationalities investment.
Personally to stay near that area there are many alternative hotel choices.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Old NaNa Hotel renamed to Wei Si Deng Hotel (near GSM)

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

SHV9 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:53 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 am This place has a dubious past looking at the related topics at the bottom. I wonder if they excised the ghosts as part of the refit and rename?
:bow:
In some minds they still live
Brother V-nine, Alexander Crowley couldn't exorcise the ghosts outa that place if he sacrificed the king's daughter. In fact he still lives on the sixth floor. You can change the name, you can burn the joint down, fuck a goat or have the goat fuck you - but my friend, the ghosts of NaNa will never be gone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic