Coil Steel Supply needed

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Coil Steel Supply needed

Post by BigDee »

Looking for a channel, contact, supplier or any information related to importing 10-ton 1220mm wide coils of cold rolled thin gauge steel out of Thailand, Vietnam even China.
We currently buy cut to size and are told coils of this size can not be transported or they don’t have the means.
Any help putting me in touch with a new supply line and or just comments of your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks Dee
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Coil Steel Supply needed

Post by Username Taken »

A member by the handle of @Mishmash might have a clue, or not. He's been quiet for the past couple of weeks though.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

While we are on the subject; Does anyone know if any high quality roofing iron is available here at realistic prices?
I am thinking of something like australian BHP/BlueScope, Colorbond corrugated sheets. Thnx.

(ps, yeah i miss Mish ^^ - my favourite fellow overposter who i love disagreeing with about nearly everything.
Where are you Mish? I hope nobody has shot you yet - i was going to borrow your gun and do it myself. :mrgreen: )
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Your best bet is to ask them directly and get the contact details for their agent, if any, in Cambodia. Or become their agent and get rich.

Once the TH/KH rail connection starts operating on a regular basis, a 10 tonne roll should not be a problem. Alternatively, have custom weight/length rolls made to suit your requirement and MHE capacities.

Please see:

https://www.bluescope.com/about-us/wher ... /thailand/

OML
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm While we are on the subject; Does anyone know if any high quality roofing iron is available here at realistic prices?
I am thinking of something like australian BHP/BlueScope, Colorbond corrugated sheets. Thnx.

(ps, yeah i miss Mish ^^ - my favourite fellow overposter who i love disagreeing with about nearly everything.
Where are you Mish? I hope nobody has shot you yet - i was going to borrow your gun and do it myself. :mrgreen: )
Not sure if this helps, i did see a company called DOPRO out on the #4 main road about 5k past the airport, they rollform roofing to order on site. profile should not be an issues, sure you could order steel spec to your requirments.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

BigDee wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:44 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm While we are on the subject; Does anyone know if any high quality roofing iron is available here at realistic prices?
Not sure if this helps, i did see a company called DOPRO out on the #4 main road about 5k past the airport, they rollform roofing to order on site. profile should not be an issues, sure you could order steel spec to your requirments.
Thanks D+. Do you know if they do coated, high quality, roofing steel by chance?
ColourBond in Cambodia is too expeno for me - especially small orders out of the big cities, i suspect.
-but the local stuff they use for residential dwellings seems to be very low grade.
I'm wondering if there is anything in-between maybe. Widely available ??

I
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic