Gender Inequality in Cambodia Still Not Tackled (CEDAW Report)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Gender Inequality in Cambodia Still Not Tackled (CEDAW Report)

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I know I always had a hard time hiring males, and we tried as we wanted to even out the workplace. My background and my staff is accounting, must have been 90% women. I felt like IT departments, however, tended to have more males.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Considering how many rich politicals here have wives that are "good at business", something is off here.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

After women start believing in equal rights they stop having sex with husbands and making babies. Just look at European countries, the birth rate is what, 1.1 child per Caucasian woman, the rest is being compensated for by African, Arab immigrants taking over the European countries.

I hope Asian nations are smarter than that, just like they were smarter in not introducing unsustainable pension programs of the western type. It is not a good idea to follow and copy everything coming from the West.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am After women start believing in equal rights they stop having sex with husbands and making babies. Just look at European countries, the birth rate is what, 1.1 child per Caucasian woman.
Just because they aren't having more children than they can afford doesn't mean they are suddenly celibate. There's this thing called "birth control".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am After women start believing in equal rights they stop having sex with husbands and making babies. Just look at European countries, the birth rate is what, 1.1 child per Caucasian woman.
Just because they aren't having more children than they can afford doesn't mean they are suddenly celibate. There's this thing called "birth control".
They could afford it before, 100 years ago. Supposedly, livelyhoods should have been improved now. No, that’s not the reason. The reason is now women want to pursue venues opened to them by the equal rights movement, venues traditionally pursued by men. Then, when they want to have a family, it’s too little, too late. They give birth to one child and settle with that.

Caucasians will be extinct soon unless they urgently do something about it. Men have to stand up to this bs. Women don’t care, women will be happy to be taken and assimilated by men of the conquering tribe like it used to happen in the cave age, except that now this is peaceful (so far) replacement on the scale of whole countries.

It all starts with giving women equal rights.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Neanderthal philosophy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Progressives will go extinct because of the reasons above. We may not see it in our lifetimes but the trend is there and well established by now. I agree that equal rights sounds cool in theory.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Maybe equal rights will save the earth. Less babies..less pressure on limited resources.. :stir:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 pm Maybe equal rights will save the earth. Less babies..less pressure on limited resources.. :stir:

2020 soon , and it hasn't worked yet. Maybe 2021.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:09 pm Progressives will go extinct because of the reasons above. We may not see it in our lifetimes but the trend is there and well established by now. I agree that equal rights sounds cool in theory.
We already seeing it Hunter, it's already started.
In California the men have totally emasculated themselves.
topic34737.html
This ^^^ is what hybrid cars and equal pay reeally looks like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic