Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
NeverNude
Expatriate
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 pm
Reputation: 28
Hungary

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by NeverNude » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 am
Luckily the Hostel owners were friendly and put me in a better room.
Most peeps would have apologized and switched off and gone to sleep. The real issue was this guy didn't even acknowledge me when I was trying to explain to him to reduce the brightness. He was basically ignorant and didn't care about anyone else. He was a digital nomad who chose to work when everyone was trying to sleep at night instead of during the day.
Was he actually an attention seeker? Yes I believe he was. He wanted to create a problem and Instead of being reasonable he acted meanly.
Then again he was an Israeli and that sums up a lot.

Thanks for your replies.
Dude. What happened to you in life that you're sleeping in a $3/night hostel and complaining about the Jew in your room? There's a reason your bed costs $3. Hell, for that price, I'm surprised they don't sell room access at 4am to Khmer perverts to quietly go around jizzing on foreigners' faces. Yes, that's happened. You act like you're a guest at the Hilton. Or hell, you act like you're in a 1.5 star establishment. You are with the dregs of the earth, and you are one. Plus you're an antisemetic putz.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by Duncan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:14 pm

NeverNude wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 am
Luckily the Hostel owners were friendly and put me in a better room.
Most peeps would have apologized and switched off and gone to sleep. The real issue was this guy didn't even acknowledge me when I was trying to explain to him to reduce the brightness. He was basically ignorant and didn't care about anyone else. He was a digital nomad who chose to work when everyone was trying to sleep at night instead of during the day.
Was he actually an attention seeker? Yes I believe he was. He wanted to create a problem and Instead of being reasonable he acted meanly.
Then again he was an Israeli and that sums up a lot.

Thanks for your replies.
Dude. What happened to you in life that you're sleeping in a $3/night hostel and complaining about the Jew in your room? There's a reason your bed costs $3. Hell, for that price, I'm surprised they don't sell room access at 4am to Khmer perverts to quietly go around jizzing on foreigners' faces. Yes, that's happened. You act like you're a guest at the Hilton. Or hell, you act like you're in a 1.5 star establishment. You are with the dregs of the earth, and you are one. Plus you're an antisemetic putz.


Dorms don't have a star rating,,,, They have a moon rating.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
xandreu
Expatriate
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am
Reputation: 573
Great Britain

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by xandreu » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:48 pm

I hate to sound snobbish but I literally can't imagine anything worse that having to sleep in a room with a dozen strangers who you know nothing about. Isn't that sort of thing usually reserved as a type of punishment for criminals?
User avatar
Skankykins
Expatriate
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:19 am
Reputation: 34
Great Britain

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by Skankykins » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:47 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Laptops are bright and the wavelength is hard to ignore even with eye masks.
One day you will be the neighbour from hell.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 108
Cambodia

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by shnoukieBRO » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am

I think you're all a bit too institutional regarding hotels. I used to use them all the tine but the room prices make long term travel too expensive.
Generally dorms are well run, cheap, and offer the same sleep quality for me. I just carefully read the reviews and avoid the "party hostels".
The very fact I wrote this post reflects just how annoying this guy was since I have had so few issues and most peeps are thoughtful about not disturbing others.
But yeah, just like there is always something wrong with that room you stay in there is always the possibility of some idiot in a dorm ruining it for the rest.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by Duncan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am
I think you're all a bit too institutional regarding hotels. I used to use them all the tine but the room prices make long term travel too expensive.
Generally dorms are well run, cheap, and offer the same sleep quality for me. I just carefully read the reviews and avoid the "party hostels".
The very fact I wrote this post reflects just how annoying this guy was since I have had so few issues and most peeps are thoughtful about not disturbing others.
But yeah, just like there is always something wrong with that room you stay in there is always the possibility of some idiot in a dorm ruining it for the rest.
Like when you have the bottom bunk at Arlie Beach Backpackers,, and a group of drunk girls come back from a party at 3 am and the one sleeping in the bunk above you is off her tits so much that she cannot climb up to her bunk , so crashes the night in your bunk.,,, If you cannot see her ,,, what do you do ?

Yea, this was in the year 1981, before mobile phones with lights.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 108
Cambodia

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by shnoukieBRO » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:40 am

Now that sounds fun.😀
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by pczz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:47 am

I just had a foreigner move into the room next to me in my apartment and he was shoting at his phone until 3 am , apparntly talking to business associates in South Africa and Pakistan on speaker phone. My landlord told him he could move to a more expensive room where he would not disturb anyone or go to the lobby after midnight, but your problem guy is not makiing a noise. Just go buy yourself some cotton shades like they use on airplanes
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 108
Cambodia

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by shnoukieBRO » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:56 am

pczz wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:47 am
I just had a foreigner move into the room next to me in my apartment and he was shoting at his phone until 3 am , apparntly talking to business associates in South Africa and Pakistan on speaker phone. My landlord told him he could move to a more expensive room where he would not disturb anyone or go to the lobby after midnight, but your problem guy is not makiing a noise. Just go buy yourself some cotton shades like they use on airplanes
Read the previous stuff I wrote. Besides he started loudly clicking the keys after I asked him . Just to annoy.
Whatever...this happened weeks ago.
Actually I've forgotten about it since.

Thanks anyways.
User avatar
kgbagent
Expatriate
Posts: 745
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:19 pm
Reputation: 185
Cambodia

Re: Hostel guests using laptops till 3am

Post by kgbagent » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:12 am

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:44 pm
I'm asking for urgent opinions please.

If some hostel dorm guest is using a laptop till 3am and the brightness is irritating another person, is he in the wrong or is the other for not wearing an eye mask?
strangle the cnut
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 75 guests