Deadly cold wave hit Southeast Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Deadly cold wave hit Southeast Asia

Post by frank lee bent »

From a FB post:

Are u cold my home so cold so i can not take shower

Phnom Penh.

Low temperature 23 C
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Deadly cold wave hit Southeast Asia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ I'm currently in what is usually one of the hottest places in Oz (Mildura), and when I got up about an hour ago it was 12 degrees.
Bloody freezing!! :shock:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

frank lee bent wrote:From a FB post:

Phnom Penh.

Low temperature 23 C
LOL!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I lived in Montana for a couple years and for a week around my birthday it never got above -47C (not wind chill). You had to keep your water running at all times & everybody had 2 sets of keys and kept their vehicles running the whole time they were shopping, or in my case in a bar. Without an electric block heater your car wouldn't start until spring.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

frank lee bent wrote:From a FB post:

Phnom Penh.

Low temperature 23 C
With the wind chill factored in that's gotta be like 21 or 22C. Layer up.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Just spent three months in rural Western Australia and not one day over 41 - weird.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:Just spent three months in rural Western Australia and not one day over 41 - weird.
Apparently Karratha was clocking 45+ degrees Celsius for a few days last week. The readings get 'adjusted' by the Met Bureau in Perth before they're released, though.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

We hit -2 C last night...
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

Reminds me of a talk I had with an Australian guy once. He was bragging to me about some place he went to (can't remember where from the top of my head) where it had 5inches of snow and it was like -8 degrees or something and about how cold it was there. I just couldn't help but to laugh right in his face. I wonder how people around here (locals and expats from certain parts of the world) would fare in an ACTUAL winter.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Jacket wrote:Reminds me of a talk I had with an Australian guy once. He was bragging to me about some place he went to (can't remember where from the top of my head) where it had 5inches of snow and it was like -8 degrees or something and about how cold it was there. I just couldn't help but to laugh right in his face. I wonder how people around here (locals and expats from certain parts of the world) would fare in an ACTUAL winter.
In his defence, I'm an Australian, I've never experienced snow and never want to. When it drops to 13 degrees in winter I nearly die
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic