professional breakup service -would this work in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
curiosity
Expatriate
Netherlands

professional breakup service -would this work in Cambodia?

Post by curiosity »

Hi folks,

the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. But it might be somehow dangerous.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ezpg ... girlfriend
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: professional breakup service -would this work in Cambodia?

Post by newkidontheblock »

As the eternal traveler to the Kingdom of Wonder, I doubt such a service would work. This break up service sends a text, email, phone call, nothing in person.

Most Khmer better halves (with CEO’s demographics, mostly female) are heavily invested in relationships. Their future is merged with yours. A text telling them they have no future isn’t going to work.

Sometimes (at least for some members of CEO) telling them face to face that their future is over doesn’t work either.

Khmer women are like The Force. They bind the relationship together. There is no try with them. Do. Or do not.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

You need startrek training. Asian girls are Klingons.
A friend told me

1) stop giving her money and she will find someone else very quick
2) get a new girlfriends who is bigger than her
3) Run away to Vietnam for a while (my preferred option)

Joking apart there is a professional break up service. If she creates you call the police and they will negotiate a suitable divorce settleent. If you are actually wed its the village chiefs duty
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

tell her you are broke..
pack your shit and move..
same formula works in any country..
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The cowards card, or
face to face like a man and cop the responsibilities for your own choices
simple choice, no ambiguities on this this one

Who are you? Man, or a grub gone to ground.

(revision; there may be some extreme circumstances that legitimately negate this - but not simply because you are chicken livered)
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:15 am The cowards card, or
face to face like a man and cop the responsibilities for your own choices
simple choice, no ambiguities on this this one

Who are you? Man, or a grub gone to ground.

(revision; there may be some extreme circumstances that legitimately negate this - but not simply because you are chicken livered)
First of all, to be clear, I'm not really breaking up with my girlfriend, Angela. We just wanted to test the service. I asked her in advance if it was cool, and she said yes. I could have ordered a breakup without telling her, but I feel like that would have been a not very funny prank. As you'll see, it was a little uncomfortable even with advance warning.

:facepalm:

I'll just ask permission for this.

CEO should set up paid service for dating 101.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic