relocating to Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Stuartandkai
Tourist
Great Britain

relocating to Phnom Penh

Post by Stuartandkai »

Good morning all.
I should like to ask for some advise. Myself, wife and 15 month old child may be relocating to Phnom Penh in the new year. We are seasoned expats having lived in many locations but have yet to understand Cambodia.
I will be taking the role of Managing Director for a large company on Phnom Penh and would like to know the best regions of the city to live in, gated communities or resort living style. We do not know the layout of the city and I would relish all thoughts on this. We plan to come over in January to visit areas and understand the city layout. Any and all help would assist. thanks.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: relocating to Phnom Penh

Post by Duncan »

I think the first place you should looking at is, close to the location of where your company is located.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Stuartandkai wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:34 pm Good morning all.
I should like to ask for some advise. Myself, wife and 15 month old child may be relocating to Phnom Penh in the new year. We are seasoned expats having lived in many locations but have yet to understand Cambodia.
I will be taking the role of Managing Director for a large company on Phnom Penh and would like to know the best regions of the city to live in, gated communities or resort living style. We do not know the layout of the city and I would relish all thoughts on this. We plan to come over in January to visit areas and understand the city layout. Any and all help would assist. thanks.

Surely, a large company would, at the least, provide some information and recommendations regarding housing to their incoming MD, wouldn't they?

What did they mention?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:17 pm I think the first place you should looking at is, close to the location of where your company is located.
Not necessarily. For all we know his company might have a huge facility along Veng Sreng BLVD or along NR5 in Russei Keo District. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic