PM Funds $30M for Calmette Hospital Building

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

PM Funds $30M for Calmette Hospital Building

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PM HE Funds $30M to Construct a Building in Calmette Hospital
25/11/19 10:01
Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 24 – Cambodian Prime Minister HE has decided to allocate USD 30 million to build a 12-storey building in Calmette Hospital, Cambodia's flagship health care centre.

In a Facebook post on Sunday, the premier said the decision was made after he observed that the hospital has played an important role in treating people, but lacks the financial ability to construct new buildings and purchasing supplies to equip in the new and existing buildings.

“Three days ago, I visited my mother-in-law at the hospital [...] Today, I have decided to allocate USD 30 million to build a 12-storey building that has been completed 17 percent with the previous budget of USD 39 million," the premier wrote.

"Without our skilled doctors, my mother-in-law would have passed away yesterday. Now my mother-in-law continues to stay with us for another while," he added.
=FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: PM Funds $30M for Calmette Hospital Building

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 am PM HE Funds $30M to Construct a Building in Calmette Hospital
25/11/19 10:01
Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 24 – Cambodian Prime Minister HE has decided to allocate USD 30 million to build a 12-storey building in Calmette Hospital, Cambodia's flagship health care centre.

In a Facebook post on Sunday, the premier said the decision was made after he observed that the hospital has played an important role in treating people, but lacks the financial ability to construct new buildings and purchasing supplies to equip in the new and existing buildings.

“Three days ago, I visited my mother-in-law at the hospital [...] Today, I have decided to allocate USD 30 million to build a 12-storey building that has been completed 17 percent with the previous budget of USD 39 million," the premier wrote.

"Without our skilled doctors, my mother-in-law would have passed away yesterday. Now my mother-in-law continues to stay with us for another while," he added.
=FRESH NEWS

No matter what the reason, it's still money well spent and in the right place.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

39 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
HE urges more support for Calmette Hospital

Prime Minister HE has urged more generous people to offer support in a bid to modernize Calmette Hospital to become the country’s premier referral hospital, and to improve health services.

In a post on his Facebook page, the premier said that he has raised about $64 million from charity after his appeal last week to help Calmette Hospital, noting that the government also disbursed $30 million into constructing the 12-storey building at the hospital.

“Until now, generous people have attributed a total of $64,043,561. If we added the $30 million of state budget, there is $94,043,561 so far,” he said. “I would like to thank those people who have contributed in saving lives.”

Mr HE said he hopes more generous people will take part in the charity in order to modernize the Calmette Hospital as the Kingom’s referral hospital with modernity and various specialized skills.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/665848/hun ... -hospital/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

December 9, 2019
Millions of dollars to modernise Calmette
Prime Minister HE on Friday revealed the government and charity organisations have donated more than $100 million to modernise Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh.

He said on Facebook charity organisations have donated about $80 million, while the government donated about $30 million.

“This budget will make it possible for us to make the Calmette Hospital into a polytechnic centre for medical examinations,” Mr HE said, noting the government will disburse $30 million for the construction of a 12-storey hospital building.

Chheang Ra, head of Calmette, yesterday said modernising the hospital is an important step in improving medical services.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50668224/m ... -calmette/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Shame that every time he or family visit her in hospital they close off so many roads while they are there. Causes traffic jams everywhere around the area.
Selfish #$%^
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

"He noted that Calmette and the Ministry of Health are now short of funding for a new 12-storey building and could not afford to purchase equipment to furnish existing buildings."

I'm sure they aren't short of luxury cars and designer clothes though
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic