Chinese Man Gets Phone Snatched While Taking Photos From Coffee Shop

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Man Gets Phone Snatched While Taking Photos From Coffee Shop

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 19, 2019, at 3 pm, an unidentified Chinese man had his phone snatched while taking pictures on the street, in Prey Tea village, Sangkat Chom Chao3, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.
The Chinese man was on a motorbike and stopped off at a coffee shop. He was using his phone to take pictures of the beautiful view in Borey Town, when suddenly the suspect rode up on a motorbike and snatched the phone from the victim's hands. The victim tried to chase the thief, but he was driving too fast on his bike, and he is now being sought by police.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Chinese Man Gets Phone Snatched While Taking Photos From Coffee Shop

Post by atst »

Leave your phone at home if you can,
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Thanks for the timely advice.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

atst wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 am Leave your phone at home if you can,
In today’s world, expecting people to go out without their phone is as unrealistic as expecting them to go out naked in public, probably more so, at least they could function without clothes.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:27 pm
In today’s world, expecting people to go out without their phone is as unrealistic as expecting them to go out naked in public, probably more so, at least they could function without clothes.
Without clothes, where are you going to put the phone.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Some people might blame the guy for having the audacity to use his mobile phone in a public area but if the manufacturers didn't put cameras on these expensive phones, people wouldn't be so tempted to pull them out of their pockets in public and take pictures of things. And I've never quite understood why these expensive so called smartphones have the capability for others to call you if they want or need to speak to you while you're out in public. What a stupid idea! Of course you're going to pull it out of your pocket and answer it if it rings. I've also long advocated for the removal of other such 'convenient' apps such as Google Maps which again, you'd only ever use while you were out and about, furthering the temptation to pull it out of your pocket in public.

Clearly the victim must shoulder some of the blame for his stupidity, but manufacturers should also start recognising they have a duty to remove all temptation for people to actually use their 'mobile' phones, unless they are in the safe confines of their own homes.

Or I guess you could place all of the blame on the thief, considering it's not actually illegal to use a mobile phone in public, but it is illegal to steal other people's property I guess...
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

AndyKK wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:27 pm
The phone is held in one hand, most folk today have to do everything one handed for that reason.
Watch all the shit on TikTok etc, with morons trying to open jars or prepare food etc, using only one hand while filming with the other.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Some years ago a well known businessman had his phone snatched in the vicinity of Psar Chas so he quickly span around and gave who he thought was the snatcher a good strong punch in the chops

Unfortunately, the one that he punched was an innocent pedestrian in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whoops!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

On the rare occasions I go out without my phone, I go home to get it. I have tried ignoring it but it doesn't work.
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Apparition »

AndyKK wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:27 pm
Utility belt
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic