$220 - Flat 1 Bedroom - No furnished

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $220 - Flat 1 Bedroom - No furnished

Post by John Bingham »

xandreu wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:06 pm Is (was) that a whiteboard on the wall? Looks like it used to be a classroom?
It looks like a board painted white with an attractive fluorescent light mounted on it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I paid 37.50$ for 1 bed and $50 for the same a bit nearer town (Next to 7 Makara bridge) . Had lift - secure parking. security - nice views. modern and clean.

And yes there were University Ladies and Guys sharing even that modest cost. ( A mountain of flip flops outside their doors)

The place shown by the OP I know because my I saw them when my missus wanted near the central market because of some friend or other.

It is a filthy hole - loads of rats and rubbish - nowhere to park your bike except paying a monthly fee at some nightly place for $30 more.

No lighting - no sunlight except maybe one hour a day.

The stairsways have never been cleaned since the Khmer Rouge - years of slippy filth.

No view except other grimy places opposite.

I'm sorry - I did think the poster was joking originally.

Anyway - some views from my previous places.

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Is there a bedroom above the kitchen, or is it a studio?

As has been said a coat of paint would go a long way. And scrub the louvre windows too. How hard can it be? Could easily be a very nice space with that lovely floor.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Landlords of places like this don't seem to like doing places up, they prefer to keep any previous tenants deposits for any of that or adding on costs at the end. They'd sooner see it lay empty for eternity than pay anything from their own pocket to fix it.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:03 pm Landlords of places like this don't seem to like doing places up, they prefer to keep any previous tenants deposits for any of that or adding on costs at the end. They'd sooner see it lay empty for eternity than pay anything from their own pocket to fix it.
Or gets some chump barang who bargains him down to $200 and thinks he's a winner.

My wife's friend who lives a few houses down pays $25 for the same size and style.

That's the going rate for locals.

End of story...
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:03 pm Landlords of places like this don't seem to like doing places up, they prefer to keep any previous tenants deposits for any of that or adding on costs at the end. They'd sooner see it lay empty for eternity than pay anything from their own pocket to fix it.
Or gets some chump barang who bargains him down to $200 and thinks he's a winner.

My wife's friend who lives a few houses down pays $25 for the same size and style.

End of story...
is that furnished as well Mish?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:48 pm
Mishmash wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 pm

End of story...
is that furnished as well Mish?
:lol:

I never asked - she has a bed and a few bits and pieces - wardrobe, small cooker, a couple of chairs.

She works at a small grubby Khmer restaurant nearby.

I have a pic somewhere... Been looking for it..

Here is the lady when my son was young at the restaurant. Inside her house I didn't.

My missus wanted to move round there last year - same old same old.

Ken2016
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ken2016 »

thank you for your comments , if the landlord make renovation properly , price would be $350 up $450 ,
oh yes , you just repaint wall , and clean up a bit , would be nice .
Cheers
Comments For Improvement Pls !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic