Drink up - more good news about red wine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Drink up - more good news about red wine

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just in time for Xmas - drinking red wine helps you to stay young and beautiful - a scientific report on why it could contain the elixir of youth :

A substance found in red wine may protect the body against age-related diseases by stimulating an ancient evolutionary defence mechanism that guards human cells against genetic damage, scientists said.

Resveratrol, an organic compound found in grapes, nuts and a variety of other edible plants, has already been linked with extending the healthy life of laboratory animals as well as decreasing the incidence of heart disease and other illnesses in humans.

Because red wine is particularly rich in resveratrol, some researchers have suggested that it could explain the “French paradox” of a relatively high-fat diet but relatively low incidence of coronary heart disease within the wine-drinking population of France.

Nevertheless, scientists have disputed whether the supposed effects of resveratrol on human health are real and, if so, how it could be so beneficial. However, researchers have now come up with a possible answer.

The study found that resveratrol mimics another molecule found naturally in the body that is involved in activating an ancient chemical pathway to limit stress and damage to the DNA of cells – which would otherwise result in ageing and disease.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 40742.html

Well, thank goodness for that :beer1:
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Drink up - more good news about red wine

Post by wackyjacky »

Here I drink a lot more white than back home (because or the heat & the beef sucks so bad), so I down Reverestrol capsules. I ate a shit-load of vitamins for years and if current studies are correct, all I did was tax my liver and kidneys. I'm down to Fish Oil, Milk Thistle, and Reverestrol these days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic