Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Post by Doc67 »

^^^

This:
The late Queen contributed to the reported $12 million settlement sum, with the gagging clause deemed critical in the agreement made. At the time, some Palace aides criticised the length of silence agreed, with one friend to the Duke saying: ' If you’re going to go for legal resolution at those sorts of prices then you want silence - but what we’ve got is silence for the Platinum Jubilee,' The Telegraph reported. The specific terms of the gagging clause have not been released. It will be lifted later next month. It is thought that Ms Giuffre may be free to publicly address how she was sex trafficked by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.

A one year NDA is useless. It allows VG to organise her book ghostwriters, PR advisors and lawyers to plan a campaign without time pressure and set the scene for a grand countdown.

Just when he was out of sight and all this business was being slowly forgotten (but in no way forgiven), it will now start all over again.

If they paid for silence for the Jubilee, will they pay again for Charles' Coronation? That's got to be worth a few quid?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

VG had him by the balls. He (and the RF) could not contemplate any possibility that he would be forced to give evidence and be cross-examined in court.
So, she got a massive sum just to prevent that. Doubtless permanence was going to cost a great deal more. The Queen was obviously going to have to pay all of the excess so presumbaly she (or her advisers) baulked. I can only assume because of the potential public outrage at either taxpayner money being used or Crown Estate being put up for sale.

I agree VG's team will be leveraging the Coronation mercilessly but I think the RF has decided to let it rip.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:44 am VG had him by the balls. He (and the RF) could not contemplate any possibility that he would be forced to give evidence and be cross-examined in court.
So, she got a massive sum just to prevent that. Doubtless permanence was going to cost a great deal more. The Queen was obviously going to have to pay all of the excess so presumbaly she (or her advisers) baulked. I can only assume because of the potential public outrage at either taxpayner money being used or Crown Estate being put up for sale.

I agree VG's team will be leveraging the Coronation mercilessly but I think the RF has decided to let it rip.
..and hang him out to dry.

There's no love lost between Charles and Andrew, and William - whose stature and authority are now well established as #2 in the pecking order and possibly being prepared for an early accession - is of the same mind; Andrew is irredeemably toxic.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

I can't see Charles giving up the throne he has waited so long for, so easily. William will have to wait like his dad did. Maybe not for quite as long, but it will be another day out at Westminster before William gets the big shiny hat.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

grumpygit wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:49 pm I can't see Charles giving up the throne he has waited so long for, so easily. William will have to wait like his dad did. Maybe not for quite as long, but it will be another day out at Westminster before William gets the big shiny hat.
It's all a bit reminiscent of Brown waiting so long to succeed Blair.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:12 pm
grumpygit wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:49 pm I can't see Charles giving up the throne he has waited so long for, so easily. William will have to wait like his dad did. Maybe not for quite as long, but it will be another day out at Westminster before William gets the big shiny hat.
It's all a bit reminiscent of Brown waiting so long to succeed Blair.
No. Not remotely the same,
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I am not suggesting any time soon, but I think Charles will abdicate. Possibly in 10 years' time or so, health permitting. That would make Charles about 85 and William will be 50.

This gives Charles 10 years to make his mark and step down with dignity rather than being wheeled out as a decrepit old man for state occasions. That's not an image any monarchy should portray if they want to stick around.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Its possible doc.. I'm sure Liz truss telling him he couldn't go to cop22 to talk about us all killing the planet while his driver kept the Bentley running, pissed him of a bit. He's obviously on a short fuse when he can't even stay calm about pens.
To be fair between Andrew and the 2 moaners they generate quite enough bad press that Charles turning into Joe biden can't really make things any worse.
I'd actually quite like to see him get more like his late dad Prince Philip.. one of my more admired royals. I don't believe for a moment any of those things he said were gaffs. He just had a great sense of humour and didnt give a fuck.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

This is just hilarious. Keep digging Andy.
It's not 1 April and this is not taken from The Onion.
This photo from The Telegraph newspaper was mocked up by Ian Maxwell (brother of...) and published as "evidence" in defense of the prince, suppposedly showing that he could not have had sex with an underage girl in this bathtub - because - it is too small. :lol:
Brilliant.
Photo is posed, using dummies :mrgreen:
Then, last week, allies of the duke let it be known that “details are about to be made public which will change people’s perceptions of him”. Intriguing. Are those details … could they possibly be … a photograph subsequently published on the front page of the Daily Telegraph last Saturday? Unclear. But oh dear me, where to start on this picture, released by Ian Maxwell, the brother of Epstein’s convicted accomplice, Ghislaine?
“The photo that ‘clears Duke’ over bath sex”.

“I am releasing my photographs now because the truth needs to come out,” explains Ian, apparently dialling in from the Arkham Asylum of British public life. “They show conclusively that the bath is too small for any kind of sex frolicking.” Two points. One: they don’t show anything of the sort. And two: What? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

“The family have even supplied the bath’s dimensions,” gibbers the Telegraph, “revealing that the base of the bathtub measures 1,359mm by 380mm.”
Full article : https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... le-bathtub
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic