Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Andrew's painful Newsnight interview

Post by Spigzy »

Definitely got an ear for those arguments @xandreu @Freightdog - I think if it were a standalone case it really is quite a non-event.

The trouble is this case could be the one that blows the door open on the whole human trafficking issue & perhaps even a true 'paedo' ring of very underage kids (not "she told me she was 18!" deniable cases) - so it has to go ahead.

I don't undertand Prince Andrew's approach here if that's the case; I think he'd get a lot of sympathy in that his 'victim' in this case could be a star struck 17 year old who could have easily been 18 & above an age of consent for whatever jurisdictions they met. He then could shift Maxwell into the limelight by defending himself, whilst pushing "The ring" under the bus if he was aware of it but wasn't involved. But of course, if he's involved in something far more sinister than this 17 year old, that could explain his er, sweating.

I think he'll get off this particular case by hook or by crook, what'll be more interesting is how far the rabbit hole goes once the door is open. But I'd put bets on him refusing to comply/give evidence, her being awarded damages in absentia of a proper court case, and that's all she wrote.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

@xandreu @Freightdog - isn't the issue the claimed lack of consent, thus rape, rather than her being 17 years old at the time?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I’m curious about anyone else she may have been ‘abused’ by?, if, as we’re led to believe, Epstein had a harem of underaged and/or trafficked girls/women on hand to ‘take care’ of his numerous guests whims.
I find it hard to believe that if Prince Andrew, was the only one partaking (allegedly) or is it a case that he is the only one (so far) that there is photographic proof of any contact with her, Epstein and the prince.
She apparently settled for half a million bucks from Epstein years back in exchange for confidentiality, so justice wasn’t her highest priority then. So, has she ‘changed her spots’ or is she after another payout?
The silence from her and the other alleged victims regarding any other alleged perpetrators is deafening to the point of being astonishing.
It’s very strange that neither Maxwell or any of the numerous alleged victims have dropped a single name, or was it a case of Epstein was responsible for all the alleged abuse apart from the couple of incidences allegedly involving Prince Andrew? that is certainly not the impression we’ve been given over the years. It would seem that the Prince is fair game, but the likes of Clinton are off limits?
Have the women been advised to keep their mouths shut in order to be guaranteed a big slice of Epstein’s fortune, their silence bought?
Their lawyers are certainly keeping quiet, it’s as if the guilty verdicts on Epstein and Maxwell are somehow guaranteeing a big payday, so no point rocking the boat anymore than needs be. Virginia Roberts/Giuffre’s earlier settlement has probably excluded her from any further payout from Epstein’s fortune, maybe that’s why she’s going after Prince Andrew?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:35 pm @xandreu @Freightdog - isn't the issue the claimed lack of consent, thus rape, rather than her being 17 years old at the time?
It may well be, but quite frankly I don’t believe that. Rather like COVID, I’ve been skim reading because it’s an issue that’s taken up far more air time than it really should. Possibly even to the extent that the powers that be might be grateful for the distraction. There’s nothing more interesting to far too many people than a bit of sleaze, soap style. And yes, I’m a tad cynical regarding much of the human race’s ability to prioritise.

I suspect one reason that he hasn’t simply settled may be some bad advice. Stiff upper lip, etc. I’m surprised, given his position, that some strongly worded ‘guidance’ wasn’t forthcoming before. Maybe it was, and a stern ‘mind your business’might have been the retort.

Overall, though, the retroactive claims of abuse seems like something of an easy bandwagon, which can only detract from more deserving cases.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:35 pm @xandreu @Freightdog - isn't the issue the claimed lack of consent, thus rape, rather than her being 17 years old at the time?
Not necessarily disagreeing but there is this:
She claims that not only did Giuffre text her excitedly from London in March 2001 to say she was having dinner with the Prince, she also claims that when she got back to Florida she showed Andriano that snap of her with him and gushed: 'I got to sleep with him.'

According to Andriano, Giuffre didn't seem remotely upset about the experience. On the contrary, 'she thought it was pretty cool' and 'couldn't believe that she got to sleep with Prince Andrew'.
post528418.html#p528418
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The truth will out. But so too, the bias, mud, innuendo. Somewhere along the line, someone completely impartial is going to have to decide one from the other.
Does it truly serve any purpose to either side, going through an actual court case?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I think she recruited her younger sister, or her older sister recruiter her, for Epstein. I would be starting there for a threatened human trafficking accusation. Or at least an implication. But I think the objective to date has been to get her to go away.

In Asia, in particular, your best defense is offense (that's how I knew if my ex was in the wrong - aggressive, she did it. Nonchalant, benefit of the doubt - or not).

Last week, a lady of presumed (by me) Asian descent, Rina Oh, filed a defamation suit(?) for $10 million, against VG, for VG's accusation that Oh trafficked her, and took her shopping for school skirts. Oh admitted the shopping trip, and also mentioned that she didn't consider a 17 year old to be a child.

VG is batting above her weight and, IMO, has been hit in the face with a couple of bad pitches (Andrew's performance,t/d for one), and got an easy base. If she is not careful, she might run out of bullets, and the experts will show her how it's done in the legal space, with a fully-stocked arsenal counter-attack.

She is no Claudette Colvin, a 15 year old black girl, who did a Rosa Parks, a year before Rosa did.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

No longer HRH and no military titles. Still Randy Andy though
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Stripped.

Stripped he was
Stripped of everything

Stripped...

sorry, I just like the like the sound.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yep;
Can the title be changed to " Former Prince Andrew..."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic