What was or were your favorite childhood toys?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What was or were your favorite childhood toys?

Post by frank lee bent »

20 gauge side by side stevens- full choke on the right and half choke on the left barrel. i often got doubles on quail but can't shoot a rifle for shit.
gave away any guns of hunting as soon as i grew up
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Got a minature tool set aged 4. It had real tools inside, in a sandalwood case.

Took chunks out of all my parents furniture in a day flat, and spent the next few years taking shit apart. Ten years later I got good at putting it back together.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

my brother had a british bulldog that he left unattended for 10 minutes in grandma's house.
it chewed through 2 legs of a 150 year old dining table made from primary growth black walnut, in 10 fucking minutes.
can't trust kids or dogs unattended
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

What age are we talking about here? I don't remember much when I was really young, but when I was like 14-15, I spent most of my free time in, on, or under the water. During school breaks, it was Space Invader. On weekends, it was girls and nasty alcohol we smuggled into the discos in little plastic sachets. The stuff was dirt cheap, maybe the reason I gave up strong liquors.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Last time I visited Oz, my 70-something mother had the toybox out for Mrs Stroppy and my grandson... and she'd kept most of the toys from my childhood. Nostalgia overload. Some beat-up old Matchbox cars, and a pull-back and release Batcar. And a stamped tin spinning top.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Had one of these which was pretty good.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Wow, that's pretty hi-tech. My brother and I had two empty jam tins attached with string for the hi-tech stuff.

soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

Good sized rocks and trash can lids. I stole the lids.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:11 am
plastic! They used to be made of lead alloy when I was a kid. :D

My dad had a few of them, and often mentioned when I was young that he had once had a lot more, but his uncle had sold them (his uncle was his guardian as his parents were dead and gone). His uncle died years later, and we found out he had been lying and in his house there were thousands of them, many still in original boxes etc, so he got them back, maybe 30 years later.

They were pretty cool, especially because you had all these sets based on forgotten colonial-era soldiers like Zulus:

Or Bengal Lancers:

There was loads of other stuff too like artillery, vehicles, all the way down to farm animals:

There were literally thousands of them, and they used up quite a bit of space. I'm not sure how many are left, I have a feeling most were sold.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Playboy l used to like playing with poor children?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic