Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Queef »

Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:35 pm
stupid-barang wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm Someone fabricated a story to get you arrested and/or possibly paid the police to bring charges against you.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked 'how is it' in Cambodia, I said Khmer people can't be trusted, and you run the risks of having false charges brought against you.

All the kool-aid drinkers called me out, and said I was 'butt hurt'

As you were....​
When I was in LA I tried to buy some coke from a guy on the corner and he kept my money and told me to fuck off. A friend of mine got overcharged in Seattle in a taxi. Americans can t be trusted.

You are not just butt hurt my friend.
One just doesn't buy blow from a guy on a street corner in LA. That is just plain stupid. One goes to a hip bar or club and asks the bartender if the local weatherman has predicted a high chance of snow in the area.

Ride sharing apps were created for a reason: cabs are expensive and the drivers are anything but nice.

Americans can't be trusted, just like any other human beings, which is why smarter people try to come up with solutions to circumvent the issues you pointed out.

Stupid barang isn't just butt hurt, you're correct. He might also be fed up with people falling for the same scams and seeing nothing being done to prevent those scams from happening over and over again.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I was being sarcastic, sorry it was over your head. I will aim much lower in the future if I want you to understand. Thanks for the "hip" advice on scoring some pearl, I was doing bumps when you were still in diapers my friend. No seriously, when you were in diapers.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 pm I was being sarcastic, sorry it was over your head. I will aim much lower in the future if I want you to understand. Thanks for the "hip" advice on scoring some pearl, I was doing bumps when you were still in diapers my friend. No seriously, when you were in diapers.
That wasn't even you posting the original comment... How were you being sarcastic then? mh? Please aim lower, I know you old farts have comprehension and reading issues every now and then.

You may have been doing bumps when I still in diapers and that's super cool man. Su. Per. Cool. Here is your participation trophy
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Hey dude.. Chill... This isn t about who s better on the Gameboy or some whack shit ike that. You are the bomb, we all give you the props you deserve. You are the dopest, freshest dude on the forum. Anyone over 30 is envious of your bad self. Let it slide, I am sure the old dude just wants you to consider him one of your peeps. You are a God, look at yourself in a mirror man, you are so fresh. Let it go, it is all about you. Say it to yourself. I am proud you dissed my post, f@ck him for trying to steal your attention. Now tell me, where is this hip bar with the weatherman located?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I think this topic is way overdue to be locked. Seems to me it's going nowhere other than descending into squabbles between members.

OP- if you are still following and wish to respond to the advice given or contribute further on the topic, please contact me or the other mods and we will clean and unlock it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic