Is the Water Festival dying?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Is the Water Festival dying?

Post by Duncan »

Water Festival 10-12 November 2019

Lets comment on the Water Festival crowds AFTER it's finished.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

This year i came to Siem reap for the water festival.i expected it to be quiet.all i can say is it is jam packed here.and the atmosphere is brilliant.all the bars are busy.the boat racing carnival was jam packed yesterday.everyone seems in good spirits.i have loved it and am not looking forward to coming back to PP tomorow.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I had avoided the water festival till yesterday when i had a walk to the riverside after taking the kids to wat Phnom playground. This would have been around 5pm. What time do the races start & finish?
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

It was beautiful yesterday. Crowds were modest and lots of police was around so that one really felt safe. Nice peaceful atmosphere.
I might go back today
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 am I had avoided the water festival till yesterday when i had a walk to the riverside after taking the kids to wat Phnom playground. This would have been around 5pm. What time do the races start & finish?
Hope you get chance to take some pictures.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

King Keil wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 am It was beautiful yesterday. Crowds were modest and lots of police was around so that one really felt safe. Nice peaceful atmosphere.
I might go back today
If you get the chance, can you post some photos - who knows in 40 years you might be the one credited like on Clutchcargo's old Saigon Pics.

The rags are not doing much credit to the occasion.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

:dark1:
Duncan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:02 am Water Festival 10-12 November 2019

Lets comment on the Water Festival crowds AFTER it's finished.
Sure, the first day is always the one with lowest attendance.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

ImageImage
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Lots of dirt on your cameras lens.. Hang on, I put my glasses on.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

On Sunday there appeared to be more armed police and military than public on the Riverside. Mid morning there was a large convoy of armed military dressed all in black including black balaclavas racing along Monivong
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic