The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Pretty soon it will just be us.
'lucky we're the cool ones.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

hunter8 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:35 pm
Isaanbarang wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:50 pm
hunter8 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 pm People who sort other people into groups should be avoided.
The Meyers Briggs Personality Indicator identifies the 16 personality groups. It is used throughout the world and has been since the 1940's. Any psychologist and human resources worth their title use it.

On a personal level, I dare say that each of us sort people into groups, useful to us or not, attractive to us, sanctimonious or not, mentally inferior etc. Some we may place in more than one group ie hypocritical and mentally inferior or attractive and unavailable but we all judge.

Posting Tim Sharky's photo above wanted crim is a ballsy move and not particularily smart IMHO.
Yes, we all judge. Life is so much easier when everything and everyone has a tag to them. That’s why dogs may be better than humans. You give them food and they are happy not to judge you.

Awake canine fMRI predicts dogs’ preference for praise vs food
Peter F. Cook, Ashley Prichard, Mark Spivak and Gregory S. Berns
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA and 2 Comprehensive Pet Therapy, Atlanta, GA 30328, USA

The researchers wanted to explore if there truly was a “human-animal bond” or if this human-canine arrangement was based primarily on food. To do this, they trained 13 varying dog breeds to undergo MRI scanning. The first part of the experiment taught the dogs to associate three neutral objects with different results. A pink toy truck was paired with a food reward; a blue toy knight earned verbal praise from the owner; and a control trigger, a hairbrush, ended with no reward.

Each dog was tested 32 times in the MRI machine to determine what parts of the brain were activated with the objects. All of the dogs showed enhanced brain activity with the two reward cues. Four of the dogs exhibited an exceptionally strong neural response for the stimulus that was linked to praise from their owners. Nine of the dogs showed similar activity for both the praise and food stimulus. And two of the test dogs consistently demonstrated more activation when shown the food reward object.

In simplest terms, this study concludes that many dogs prefer praise over food. At the very least, food and praise are extremely close for most dogs.

I believe that just like humans, dogs crave an emotional attachment in a relationship. If a relationship that one will not be judged in is what one seeks, I would suggest cattle. Not just any livestock as pigs are smarter than dogs as are rats. Dogs rank about 7th in intelligence in the animal kingdom.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 pm Pretty soon it will just be us.
Obviously the author is not a forum member.
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

The ‘you don’t want to meet the old me’ prat - this middle aged prick is a clean living fellow who barely drinks, works out, eats healthy, looks in good shape for his age and has a pretty local missus and a young family. Despite his wholesomeness, responsible attitude and friendly demeanour he will often allude to, but never directly talk about, an incredibly dark past. This enigmatic bullshit artist with his fake humble attitude (for he is an arrogant fucker) wears pretty thin after knowing the cunt for a year and you want the twat to either open up or shut the fuck up about his past.This king goon plonker is someone like me and I have just done all of the above in this very post.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 pm Pretty soon it will just be us.
Obviously the author is not a forum member.
Good point.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

'the schizophrenic'
that other guy is such a twat

monstra mihi bona!
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

The worst of all "The Necroposter" who tries to get his post count up to twenty by adding meaningless drivel to a dead thread so he can finally access the Darknet where all the really cool kids are
up to you...
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

The ‘cant fucking hack it in the west, run off with their tail between their legs to the third world and shacked up with a peasant only with them for money, lost cause, general total failure and massive disappointment to all their loved ones back home’ - every single expat bar none who lives in se Asia.

This one is according to my father, not me.

And I am done. Missus just got home. Bye
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Twatpackers, Begpackers.. Elephant Pant Land Whales.. Man buns.. Man bag toters.

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 pm The ‘cant fucking hack it in the west, run off with their tail between their legs to the third world and shacked up with a peasant only with them for money, lost cause, general total failure and massive disappointment to all their loved ones back home’ - every single expat bar none who lives in se Asia.

This one is according to my father, not me.

And I am done. Missus just got home. Bye
general-chatter/the-people-you-most-wan ... ml#p376010

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic