Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 29068
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1292
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 am

Image
Cambodia News, PHNOM PENH: A karaoke girl, who has been forced to work as a sex worker in a karaoke bar in Por Senchey district, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport, filed a complaint with police on 4 November 2019.

Tearfully, the woman explained that her Chinese boss at the karaoke, named Jin Jin, forced her to sleep with his guests for money. But she was paid very little, and on 4 November, there was an incident where she refused some Chinese customers who repeatedly slapped and hit her. And then her Chinese boss threw her out on to the street.
Desperate, the woman decided to complain to the relevant authorities at Chom Chau police station, so that action would be taken against her boss, and that other women would not be tricked into working for him. However, it is not known if the charges against the man will be followed up by the police or not.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 am
Reputation: 115
France

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:55 am

:please:
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nevermind, i'm not here anyway.
User avatar
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 am
Reputation: 115
France

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:08 am

If there isn't any follow up by cops, front of airport, close to immigration, Chineses involved, then i guess there isn't any hope for the other pending cases.

Move your asses, cops.
Nevermind, i'm not here anyway.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 393

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by newkidontheblock » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:47 am

Proximity to the cops is irrelevant. The local cops may have been treated to tea or this Jin Jin or his boss may be politically protected.

If she wants justice, she should post on Facebook. Maybe one of the Khmer bloggers will carry her story and get public sympathy and the ear of Iron Man. Then the cops will be forced to act.

Just another reason to stay as the eternal tourist to the KOW.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 582
Cambodia

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Mishmash » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm

That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

Another angle is she is a hooker who got paid less money than she wanted and decided to exact revenge.

Otherwise why mention she only got paid a little... and kept working there!!

Using the "Tearful Pussy Pass" Routine

Only for debate you understand. It could be she is truthful and Jin Jin will be prosecuted. More facts needed.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9789
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1522
Tokelau

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 am

Mishmash wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm
That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

Another angle is she is a hooker who got paid less money than she wanted and decided to exact revenge.

Otherwise why mention she only got paid a little... and kept working there!!

Using the "Tearful Pussy Pass" Routine

Only for debate you understand. It could be she is truthful and Jin Jin will be prosecuted. More facts needed.
It could also be that she is truthful and that JinJin will not be prosecuted.
Let's not forget that she says that she was beaten up by "customers", perhaps hit by several Chinese guys according to the report, and then her boss threw her out on the street. I don't care if she was prostituting herself; nobody deserves to be treated like that.
It is not an easy decision for sex workers to complain to police. They know that they don't count for much, even when they are beaten or raped. I'm not against prostitution between consenting adults, but don't let's kid ourselves that all prostitution is freely consented.
User avatar
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 am
Reputation: 115
France

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:29 am

Well if she's truthfull and nothing is done, then it's really a low, lower than i expected.
Not that i had high expectancies about Khmer cops in general, but that would lower it more anyway.

I guess catching the American dealer from Bangkok would be more rewardfull for sure...will they even move their asses for this one ? I'm not even sure
Nevermind, i'm not here anyway.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 582
Cambodia

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Mishmash » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 am
Mishmash wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm
That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

Another angle is she is a hooker who got paid less money than she wanted and decided to exact revenge.

Otherwise why mention she only got paid a little... and kept working there!!

Using the "Tearful Pussy Pass" Routine

Only for debate you understand. It could be she is truthful and Jin Jin will be prosecuted. More facts needed.
It could also be that she is truthful and that JinJin will not be prosecuted.
Let's not forget that she says that she was beaten up by "customers", perhaps hit by several Chinese guys according to the report, and then her boss threw her out on the street. I don't care if she was prostituting herself; nobody deserves to be treated like that.
It is not an easy decision for sex workers to complain to police. They know that they don't count for much, even when they are beaten or raped. I'm not against prostitution between consenting adults, but don't let's kid ourselves that all prostitution is freely consented.
Yep - the third angle is on the books.

If she was assaulted as she alleges - I'm on her side 100%

Let me show an example. I was out and went to a GH with a lady. I called off the session as I became a little dubious inside the room. She then proceeded to block me from leaving and became violent even though I had paid her the time.

I managed to leave, but in the street I was accosted by her and her B/F pimp or whatever who she told I had hit her (completely untrue) and they started the shake-down.

Situations like this can completely escalate so I handed over 10 bucks and went on my way.

Other instances involve a guy I knew who was suddenly accused of rape by his ex. He was almost killed in the street when word went around and left town. In the end the woman served time for false allegations.

This explains my reasons for not entirely believing this story without credible witnesses among her colleagues
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2848
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 1291
Cambodia

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by clutchcargo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 am

Tearfully, the woman explained that her Chinese boss at the karaoke, named Jin Jin, forced her to sleep with his guests for money. But she was paid very little, and on 4 November, there was an incident where she refused some Chinese customers who repeatedly slapped and hit her. And then her Chinese boss threw her out on to the street.
Is Jin Jin a common Chinese name? post370699.html#p370699
Kratom123
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:48 pm
Reputation: 5
Cambodia

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Kratom123 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 am
Image
Cambodia News, PHNOM PENH: A karaoke girl, who has been forced to work as a sex worker in a karaoke bar in Por Senchey district, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport, filed a complaint with police on 4 November 2019.

Tearfully, the woman explained that her Chinese boss at the karaoke, named Jin Jin, forced her to sleep with his guests for money. But she was paid very little, and on 4 November, there was an incident where she refused some Chinese customers who repeatedly slapped and hit her. And then her Chinese boss threw her out on to the street.
Desperate, the woman decided to complain to the relevant authorities at Chom Chau police station, so that action would be taken against her boss, and that other women would not be tricked into working for him. However, it is not known if the charges against the man will be followed up by the police or not.
Chinese cannot help themselves they are a law unto themselves
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Deefer, Google Adsense [Bot], King Keil, Yerg and 589 guests