Danish Honorary Consulate opens in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

by Gregers Møller • November 4, 2019 •
Danish Consulate in Cambodia is located in the Nissan building which is also the office of Car4you Co., Ltd. on 320 Russian Blvd., Phnom Penh 120801, Cambodia

Denmark opened its first Honorary Consulate in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on 1 November 2019. The Honorary Consul is Mr. Kjeld M. Olsen, a long time Danish businessman and resident of Cambodia. The post is unpaid and the consul is not employed or posted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but appointed in his own capacity – officially by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

At the consulate Danes may apply for emergency passports, extend the validity of passports, childcare passports (children under 12), ordering a driving license (exclusively for citizens with an address in Denmark), international driving license and translation of driving license.

The newly appointed Honorary consul Kjeld M. Olsen is quoted on the website of the Royal Danish Embassy in Bangkok:

“I am equally proud and humbled by both the title and the assignments,” he says.

“I very much look forward to getting started and helping out Danes who need consular assistance in Cambodia. As a business man, I also look forward to contributing to strengthening trade cooperation between Denmark and Cambodia”.
https://scandasia.com/danish-honorary-c ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Danish Honorary Consulate opens in Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Bring on the Carlsberg Special Brew!!

Beowulf's boys are here.

Shame about them wimping out though and reducing the ABV from 9% when I was a teenager wrecked on it to a modern snow-flake 7.5% or even latest at 6.5%

Grow a backbone guys and remember the Dane-Geld

Hrothgar! Hrothgar! Hrothgar!

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nasty stuff, I gave up drinking it in 1991 after a stupid accident in Camden Town resulted in me being hospitalized. Funnily enough it was always marketed in Ireland as an upmarket bottled women's drink. My mother has a tiny scar on her hand from when she was in University and cut herself twisting the top off. I was shocked in the late 80s when my sister came over from Geneva for a visit and we went to the pub and she ordered a Special Brew. I told her it was only street drinkers who bought that in London! Anyway, I used to drink some of this treacly stuff in the mid-late 80s:
Not sure if they still make.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

King Cnut of Denmark says "bring it on" - Tennants Super, Kestrel, Crucial Brew, Special Brew and even the famous "White Lightning" paint-stripper cider at $1.50 for 3 liters.

Ah the days of yore - beer and a quick pillage and wenching session.

Conquering England in the Battle of Assandun 1016 against the Wessex King Edmund Ironside (Matthew Paris, Chronica Majora, Cambridge, Corpus Christi College MS. 26, fol. 80v)

King Cnut's Empire

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic