Cambodian Cuisine: Asia’s most underrated?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Cuisine: Asia’s most underrated?

Post by Confused »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:26 pm BS::::Ur really delusional , it was never that low even over in Koh Tao
green curry, rice and a fruit shake in phuket would be under 220 baht ( except in a 5 star resort where it might be 400) in the 80's around 120
fruit shakes alone is now 50-70 .... 20 years ago 25 baht

PS; since you brought up when ur 1st trip was, my first trip to se asia ....1975, living here since 1984
Man, I swear to god you could eat in a beach side restaurant for little more than a dollar in 2007.

Do we have any adjudicators available on this ?

Not doubting your expertise Richard, but your memory's playing tricks here dude.

So for me it's* gone from 50 to 300
For Richard it's* gone from 250 to 500?

We can't both be right !

* price of curry, rice and soft drink between 2007 and 2020 in a tourist area in Thailand.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodian Cuisine: Asia’s most underrated?

Post by rozzieoz »

explorer wrote:
bittermelon wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 am Must say I'm with you on the baguettes. Something I've wondered about as long as I've been visiting the KOW. Why are they so abrasive? Is there something cheaper than wheat flour that goes into them?
They add a lot of sugar to disguise the taste of cockroaches and rats that live on the flour.

There’s some positives about being gluten intolerant.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic