Starting a youtube channel before my move to cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Starting a youtube channel before my move to cambodia

Post by siliconlife »

n00b lolz
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Somehow I missed this thread until now. A dramatic, annoying d-bag who's somewhere between the ages of 34 and 54, acts like he's 14, thinks he's Amazing, and spent a limited about of time in Phnom Penh... CEO member "Confused," is this you? Is your real name James Alexander?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey OP, glad to hear everything is so rosy.
May I, please, ask you a serious Q?
After your first month here - Are all, or nearly all, of your previous understandings, interpretations and advice about moving to Cambodia now standing on thier head?
Or do you think you had it nailed?

Just a suggestion, if your next YouTube instruction manual describes the process of coming to realise what a complete and total ignoramus you are about these matters - it would be really useful for new comers.

You see, that has been the experience of nearly every single one of us.
The wise and the survivers are generally the ones who realise and admit that pretty quickly, and laugh about it
The fools, and the deathly bores, keep thinking and telling everybody they know all about it.

The fact that you are so chipper actually concerns me.
I really hope for your sake that you very quickly come to a place of abject despair at being totally lost at sea on a mad strange completely new planet.
That, imo, is the ONLY starting gate to understanding anything about this country. I hope you get there, and soon. For your sake.

As for not setting yourself up for a thorough thrashing on CEO. - you could probably do a great "How NOT To" vid - :) just by cut and pasting this thread.
And once again, starting afresh from a place of abject hair-shirt humility is probably your only hope of surviving.
imo only.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

The old guard are easily rocked by those with the wrong attitude, they've seen it all before... But behind their sometimes grouchy exteriors is a wealth of knowledge with hearts and heads in the right place.

As with anything you digest a pinch of salt can always come in handy.

C'est la vie!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
JamesAlexander89
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JamesAlexander89 »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:27 pm
JamesAlexander89 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:18 pm
Enjoy being miserable my friend it's what you're good at.
I hope you've memorised your health insurance number (or more likely your mummies phone number), because lying self-important arrogant labia rags like you end up smeared across a bar room floor. Looking forward to your GoFundMe page after some guy in Phnom Penh you falsely accuse fixes things so that you might become a little more humble and educated.
Nope! have not memorized it at all to be honest! phnom penh has been great to me. i love going out with friends and meeting new people all the time from all over the world and local khmer people...they aren't over the hill old shit bags that need a diaper change so i can see why i get along with them better... Still doing great. still employed and now teaching online and loving it. having the absolute time of my life. got a decent moto, have a nice apartment overlooking the city. life could not be better. still working two jobs. busy as ever. traffic has gotten worse now though which kinda sucks but my commute is not that far really. i may even have a IT job lined up soon too with all the tech support i have been offering for both of my employers. are you still on the false accusation thing? man you must be so pathetic and have literally nothing better to do. hats off to you old chap! i dont doubt you are searching for me everywhere you go when you go to buy new diapers at your local mart.

once again...i hope you find happiness in your miserable life. sucks...to....be..YOU!

have a nice day! thought i would come and check in to the retirement home to see how you are doing.
JamesAlexander89
Expatriate
United States of America

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 am The old guard are easily rocked by those with the wrong attitude, they've seen it all before... But behind their sometimes grouchy exteriors is a wealth of knowledge with hearts and heads in the right place.

As with anything you digest a pinch of salt can always come in handy.

C'est la vie!
i totally agree. and i tried to be civil and apologize and acknowledge that. but when you are arguing with people that have nothing to do and a ton of expendable time and dont have much to live for...you become some loser's pet project to try and fuck with online. i get it, but i am just on a different level than most of these haters here. they came here to die...i came here to expand my life and excel. HUGE difference in types of mind and life goals.

thanks for the comment tho you seem like one of the ones i previously tried to give credit to for being helpful and mature.
JamesAlexander89
Expatriate
United States of America

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:43 am Hey OP, glad to hear everything is so rosy.
May I, please, ask you a serious Q?
After your first month here - Are all, or nearly all, of your previous understandings, interpretations and advice about moving to Cambodia now standing on thier head?
Or do you think you had it nailed?

Just a suggestion, if your next YouTube instruction manual describes the process of coming to realise what a complete and total ignoramus you are about these matters - it would be really useful for new comers.

You see, that has been the experience of nearly every single one of us.
The wise and the survivers are generally the ones who realise and admit that pretty quickly, and laugh about it
The fools, and the deathly bores, keep thinking and telling everybody they know all about it.

The fact that you are so chipper actually concerns me.
I really hope for your sake that you very quickly come to a place of abject despair at being totally lost at sea on a mad strange completely new planet.
That, imo, is the ONLY starting gate to understanding anything about this country. I hope you get there, and soon. For your sake.

As for not setting yourself up for a thorough thrashing on CEO. - you could probably do a great "How NOT To" vid - :) just by cut and pasting this thread.
And once again, starting afresh from a place of abject hair-shirt humility is probably your only hope of surviving.
imo only.
Great comment and question I totally respect your reply. YES, everything has been great here. I have some small complaints but anyone that lives anywhere most certainly will. I think the difference is I can accept that I am in a different part of the world from where I was born and things will not be as they are in the west. I think a big problem with a lot of expats is they never really merged in with khmer society and culture they just kept wanting to live life how they once did where they came from and they are bitter and complain about anything and everything they can to pass the time. that is just scratching the surface i am sure there are all types of underlying reasons why people (sorry but mostly the older crowd) are so fucking miserable here and want to shit on anyone that is trying to be positive.

This conflict starts back in august 2019 when when naive silicon valley tech worker self came on to CEO and just wanted to connect with like minded professionals that are here in cambodia. have a few drinks, see the sights, doo the things, just make friends so i dont feel alone. i stated my intentions and listed my credentials and hoped for the best with people replying and touching base before i arrive. this was in the introduction section of the forum. after being here for about 6 months looking back i realize that initial post was a big mistake. i know now that presenting yourself in such a way you will be shit on by all the miserable people in the community who likely hate their life here so will never let anyone enjoy ANYTHING lol. its kind of funny and amusing now that i have been here for a bit.

Back to the point, after the initial wide eyed introduction the community here shit on me and told me a lot of terrible things saying i would be beggin for change on riverside and 136 in 5 months time (which i am not lol), i would die of a disease, i am going to get robbed, murdered, addicted to drugs, you need 1,000,000USD to come here and live comfortable, you are an idiot, blah blah blah you know how it goes i am guessing. This was all from just introducing myself and trying to meet some like minded people. So my first reaction to the community here (on CEO actual people in real life are nothing like the toxic online community here) is one of self defense trying to justify why i will succeed here. again...big mistake putting any real emotion or time into convincing people of anything online i know better now. But really...i think i am so successful here BECAUSE all those assholes said all that stuff to me in the beginning. Deep down i was like FUCK THOSE GUYS i am going to do the best i possibly can these fuckers are just miserable. It turned out i was right.

Phnom Penh is great! the people are awesome, the food, jobs, apartment, sights to see, new things to experience different from my western up bringing. it is exactly what i thought it would be and more. I have had some great public and private messages here on CEO i can admit that and i have posted about that here as well. I got used to it and found there are some great people here on CEO with a ton of experience i can learn from.

this other guy...whatever his name is. i accidentally mistook him for someone that was talking shit to me on the original introduction post and i tried to say sorry and explain that yes i made a mistake it wasnt him...but i honestly think he has nothing else better going on so hes just running with it....so i pop in now and then just to fuck with him and piss him off a bit.

anyway. sorry to write the essay. i felt your question was genuine and well written so it deserved a long serious response. hopefully you cared enough to read at least half of it. but yea i came here. worked hard. have two jobs i love and a ton of friends and sports activities that are finally opening back up. i wouldnt go back to the states if i had a choice and there was no corona. love it here and like i said on my first post here i want to meet with people who think the same way as me and so far i have. anyone who talks to me about moving here the first thing i tell them is DO NOT post in the introduction section in the forum and if you do ignore all the fucking negativity. i use it as motivation but some may get depressed by it. just show up and start making friends that way.

as for the youtube thing for people that are asking "hey where is the youtube content"...i dont have time for that shit honestly im way too busy. fuck youtube lol. thing change i guess.

anyway ill read all the responses when i log in again in another 2 or 3 months.

take care and be safe everyone! and for the other guy that keeps talking shit...go fuck yourself again bud.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Hey Valued Member, you haven't read the PM I sent you back in February!
Better read it quick before I ban your ass, boy!
JamesAlexander89
Expatriate
United States of America

Electric Earth wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:27 pm Somehow I missed this thread until now. A dramatic, annoying d-bag who's somewhere between the ages of 34 and 54, acts like he's 14, thinks he's Amazing, and spent a limited about of time in Phnom Penh... CEO member "Confused," is this you? Is your real name James Alexander?
ewwwww! the day i turn 34 please shoot me in the fucking head. i feel sooooooo sorry for people that damn old. holy shit! btw i am amazing i agree thank you. it did not take very long for me to figure out this city and how to succeed here. i dont understand why people are so miserable here its so easy to thrive here if you work hard and are sociable.

anyway, have a good day.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I'm not sure why you have decided to come back here James to comment on and resurrect this thread three months on from the last post and littering your comments with vulgarities and sweeping judgments of people who post on this forum, whilst also saying people on here have an expendable amount of time on here to post, unlike you who are too busy. Yet here you are, three months on dragging yourself back into the limelight, do you crave attention or something? have you heard of the Streisand effect? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

As i mentioned in my last comment, it is not a good look that when people, and by people I mean any potential future employers, come to search "James Alexander" or "James Alexander Phnom Penh" or "James Alexander Cambodia" that they end up directed to here by Google and see the language you use. It certainly would put off many employers here so I hope you manage to keep the jobs you have, and by the way, well done for managing to keep two teaching jobs with the schools closed, it certainly is a tough time for teachers, although it probably explains why you now have the time to come back and post here again, unless you really do like the attention.

I gotta ask though, what happened to the Youtube channel, still just two videos, yet from what you've said you have made a real success here and I would have thought that would be the perfect recipe to keep uploading the content you had planned to do.

Good luck with it all, I appreciate you are young and hot-headed but as an IT and social media whizz, I shouldn't have to remind you to be aware of your online presence. Stay safe and keep on enjoying yourself, just tone down the unnecessary vulgarities and attacks and rise above any insults through your actions, as it seems from what you say you have done by making a success of yourself here :beer1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic