On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Title says it all really...
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambo quick Amazon service

Post by explorer »

beaker wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:44 am It is rated to 330 lbs and is infinitely adjustable has been reported to work well by others.
The price is great compared to the next best rated the thudbuster at well over $100.
It is going to be used on an upright/cruiser style mountain ebike. I will let you know.
It may have sideways movement in addition to up and down movement, or may tip the seat forwards or backwards, or something else that is not obvious until you use it.

330 lb is 150 kg. I am still under that.

I will wait to see what you have to say after using it.

Having suspension on the seat is a good idea if it works well.

I like to buy a large seat. It is much more comfortable when riding long distances, and you don't need padded pants. Some bike shops in Cambodia have them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

explorer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 am
beaker wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:44 am It is rated to 330 lbs and is infinitely adjustable has been reported to work well by others.
The price is great compared to the next best rated the thudbuster at well over $100.
It is going to be used on an upright/cruiser style mountain ebike. I will let you know.
It may have sideways movement in addition to up and down movement, or may tip the seat forwards or backwards, or something else that is not obvious until you use it.

330 lb is 150 kg. I am still under that.

I will wait to see what you have to say after using it.

Having suspension on the seat is a good idea if it works well.

I like to buy a large seat. It is much more comfortable when riding long distances, and you don't need padded pants. Some bike shops in Cambodia have them.
Some of the biking groups I belong to give that suspension great reviews, no mention of side to side movement. The angle of the seat is adjustable. I bought this seat for my bike and I love it it is a full 12 inches wide and 12 inches long with excellent gel foam, coil springs and cushy webbing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cloud-9-Saddle ... 2749.l2649

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Order Online from Amazon & Ship to Cambodia with CAMBO QUICK

Post by explorer »

That seat is really good for riding long distances.

I have a seat a little smaller, I got second hand.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Re: On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Post by one_dolla »

500m Altitude yesterday ( up Bokor) thats where the Gaurdian of the Forrest is. If you dont know its a BIG rock that looks like a face. It might have been carved that I dont know.
Both my phone apps & gopro gave different altitudes but I snapped a photo of the cycle and later looking at thats location on google maps,set to terrain mode so you can see contour lines, 500m is just about where I stopped close enough anyway. I was going to head up more but a strong wind started blowing downhill so I decided that was enough for this week!

Coming downhill was fun
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

My wife wants to get an ebike so we will sell her current bike everything is in working order. $100.
This is the bike: (unwashed)
It has 3 speed internal rear hub gearing, bell, light with built-in front hub dynamo, built-in rear lock and front steering lock to keep bike stable while loading and unloading. The front basket is also a child carrier like in the picture below.(not her's, shes out riding, shown for how seat opens)
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

beaker wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am My wife wants to get an ebike so we will sell her current bike everything is in working order. $100.
I suggest you start a new topic, with a descriptive heading, like: Bike for sale with child carrier. People looking to buy a bike probably wont look at this topic. But with for sale in the heading, many more people should see it. I think this bike will be highly desirable for mothers with children.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

beaker wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:10 pm Some of the biking groups I belong to give that suspension great reviews
Do you mean in the internet?

Which biking forums would you recommend as being the best?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

explorer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:22 am
beaker wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:10 pm Some of the biking groups I belong to give that suspension great reviews
Do you mean in the internet?

Which biking forums would you recommend as being the best?
Yes on the internet.
Read all of them that you can find the more opinions the better informed you will be IMHO
jimi hendrix
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

beaker wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am My wife wants to get an ebike so we will sell her current bike everything is in working order. $100.
This is the bike: (unwashed)
It has 3 speed internal rear hub gearing, bell, light with built-in front hub dynamo, built-in rear lock and front steering lock to keep bike stable while loading and unloading. The front basket is also a child carrier like in the picture below.(not her's, shes out riding, shown for how seat opens)
That. looks like my style and this one : explorer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm
“This is my preference. I normally stay in smaller towns, and cycle to and around the villages, sometimes on dirt tracks, sometimes through mud.”

It still makes me wonder why boys buy ‘ boys bikes ‘ with that bar under the seat to rack your balls on.
Ever since i did that once , i been buying myself ‘ girls bikes ‘ and no problem ...

After seeing this one i want one now .. don’t know what’s available up here in bumfuck inactive post k.thom
any suggestions ? Or maybe I can find and flag down a Mormon 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Also looking for a pet shop here for some cat toys ... i got no response from that qwestion here either .... yet

Cheese 🧀
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NOTE:
i bet the bike above is very heavy and only good for short trips less than 2 kms to the store an back

Putting ur kid up front is not nearly a safe as a kids seat that would go behind ur seat

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic