How do I get my Cambodian girlfriend to WANT to be thin?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: How do I get my Cambodian girlfriend to WANT to be thin?

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

Muscle weighs more than fat right?
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote:Muscle weighs more than fat right?
Yes, muscle is more dense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Singsling
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Singsling »

Nicolas wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:34 pm I’m 53 and every 100g I lose is like I accomplished a miracle. 3 more months to get a six pack or missus wins 2 weeks trip in Europe.

Help!

Buy a ticket already, plan ahead and save on fares 🤣
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I can make it.
Plan B I go full hunger strike and eat nothing for the last 3 weeks before deadline.

What can possibly go wrong?

monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Nicolas wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:34 pm I’m 53 and every 100g I lose is like I accomplished a miracle. 3 more months to get a six pack or missus wins 2 weeks trip in Europe.

Help!

Low carb diet. Radically low carb. Like no more carbs than a small bowl of leafy green vegetables once a day. Extremely difficult to stay on long term, but perfect for a 3 month bet. Especially in Asia where everything contains rice, you will not be able to find anything you can eat that is palatable. After a couple weeks, you will be so sick of eggs and chicken that you will find just not eating to be preferable. Combine that with just a little excercise and you'll be all set.

There was a time when I actually looked handsome again after doing this. Sadly, I couldn't hold on for more than 2 months, and now I have ballooned back up again. But I have never seen a diet so effective. It will work if you can stick to it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Low carb diet. Radically low carb. Like no more carbs than a small bowl of leafy green vegetables once a day. Extremely difficult to stay on long term, but perfect for a 3 month bet. Especially in Asia where everything contains rice, you will not be able to find anything you can eat that is palatable. After a couple weeks, you will be so sick of eggs and chicken that you will find just not eating to be preferable. Combine that with just a little excercise and you'll be all set.
You try getting a local to eat just a small bowl of leafy green vegetables once a day and they will likely get pretty pissed off before the first afternoon is over. By midnight there would be serious difficulties. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

monomial wrote:

Help!

There was a time when I actually looked handsome again after doing this. Sadly, I couldn't hold on for more than 2 months, and now I have ballooned back up again. But I have never seen a diet so effective. It will work if you can stick to it.
Yes, low carbs diet is very effective! On it right now! Image

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus has been told not to take meds for post workout pain and to just suffer through them. Something about interfering with muscle remolding post workout and making the pain even worse afterwards. Is there any truth to this?

The pain in her hands is so bad that she was unable to ride her moto to ACE and had to call a PassApp.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:15 am The pain in her hands is so bad that she was unable to ride her moto to ACE and had to call a PassApp.
What is she doing, hand job exercises?
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

newkidontheblock wrote:Missus has been told not to take meds for post workout pain and to just suffer through them. Something about interfering with muscle remolding post workout and making the pain even worse afterwards. Is there any truth to this?

The pain in her hands is so bad that she was unable to ride her moto to ACE and had to call a PassApp.
The pain and suffering will not add any benefit. I assume you are talking about muscle soreness after exercices?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic