Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia (RIP)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia (RIP)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Breaking News:
Amelia Bambridge has been reported missing on Koh Rong Island, off the coast of Sihanoukville, and her friends are worried about her as she was last seen at a party on Police Beach at 3am the night before last. There're have been no sightings of her since then and her possessions are still in her room according to social media reports. Local police have been notified and her family has been contacted.
Latest report today says that Amelia is still missing, and foreign residents are preparing dive teams to check the coastal areas close to the scene tomorrow.
Good luck to all and let's hope that Amelia will be found safe.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Girl missing from my home town

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Search On for Missing Woman, Amelia Bainbridge, on Koh Rong

4 hrs ago
Worcester teen raises alarm over missing British woman in Cambodia
By Andy Mitchell
A BACKPACKER from Worcester has raised the alarm over a woman missing in Cambodia since Wednesday night.

Ryan Harris, 18, is part of a group travelling the Asian country with Amelia Bambridge, who is from Worthing, Sussex, and has gone missing in Koh Rong.

Ryan moved on to another island with plans to link back up with Miss Bambridge but her passport is still at the hostel she stayed at, and he says he's been told that her phone, purse and money were found unattended on a nearby beach.

Cambodian police have been informed but Ryan said they had indicated nothing would be done until Miss Bambridge had been missing for 72 hours.

“She was one of the first people I met over here about a week ago,” said Ryan.

“I met her in Phnom Penh and we got the boat to Koh Rong, we all spent a few days together and met up with a few other people in a big group.

“We went on to a neighbouring island but she stayed there with another girl I know who had travelled with us on the boat over.

“I then had to travel back to Koh Rong after leaving my passport at the hostel and when I got there two people told me she had gone missing.

“I assumed she would turn up but I have since travelled another 12 hours on a bus to Siem Reap and she still has not been found. She is supposed to be in Siem Reap by now.

“From my experience I would say it is out of character for her not to come back after a few hours and it is a small island.

“Even if you go your separate ways after a few drinks you see people again 10 or 20 minutes later. She should have come back by now.”

Ryan explained that the hostel held passports to ensure customers paid the bill but that Miss Bambridge had not gone back for hers.

“She hasn’t gone back for that or checked out which raises a red flag,” he added.

“I don’t know who has her belongings but have been told her purse, money and phone have been found."

Ryan added: “It is nearly 48 hours now, that’s a long time not to be seen on such a small island.”

Ryan said he understood that the family of Miss Bambridge, 21, had been in contact with Cambodian police since her disappearance.
https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/ ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Girl missing from my home town

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Girl missing from my home town

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Safe, eyes and ears out ladies and gentlemen.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Social media, Koh Rong Community, 2 hours ago - If anyone wants to assist, search parties have been organized to go out first thing tomorrow morning. Best of luck to all.
Ben Warner - Just to confirm the search will happen tomorrow morning, please meet as mentioned at Runaways at 7:30

I’d like to point out that this is a serious situation and anyone keen to help must consider this.

Any helpers need to be prepared for tough terrain and be prepared to help with any first aid that could be necessary.

Trekking gear is required, first aid kits, tourches, waterproof clothing, spare clothes if you get wet, phones for communication and any food or drink you’ll need for the day.

Currently we plan to split into teams to search different areas along the coast with Adam providing support with his boat. We’ll decide the groups and who goes where in the morning when we meet.

Thanks in advance to everyone thinking of joining. Get your stuff together and we’ll see you in the morning for a full briefing of the days plans and safety procedures to follow.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

So the circumstances sound more than suspicious, especially when phone, money and other personal belongings are found and the ID card is kept at the accommodation. Even more weird the reaction of the police, after 3 days "active" to be, just when personal belongings of a missing person are found, which one does not leave behind as a rule. I hope the young girl is found quickly and healthy again, which is terrible to read for family, relatives and friends who are far away.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Keep looking
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:36 am So the circumstances sound more than suspicious, especially when phone, money and other personal belongings are found and the ID card is kept at the accommodation. Even more weird the reaction of the police, after 3 days "active" to be, just when personal belongings of a missing person are found, which one does not leave behind as a rule. I hope the young girl is found quickly and healthy again, which is terrible to read for family, relatives and friends who are far away.
Police beach isn't really a beach, more of a break in the track covered in sand known for drug fueled parties. Here's hoping she just hooked up & is still having a good time. Not weird for the police at all as it would probably of been their first thought.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:35 am
CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:36 am So the circumstances sound more than suspicious, especially when phone, money and other personal belongings are found and the ID card is kept at the accommodation. Even more weird the reaction of the police, after 3 days "active" to be, just when personal belongings of a missing person are found, which one does not leave behind as a rule. I hope the young girl is found quickly and healthy again, which is terrible to read for family, relatives and friends who are far away.
Police beach isn't really a beach, more of a break in the track covered in sand known for drug fueled parties. Here's hoping she just hooked up & is still having a good time. Not weird for the police at all as it would probably of been their first thought.
I understand, I only hear somethink from this islands as "Party-Island", drugs but also a beautyful landscape around. Thank's for the info. Hope they find this girl in good health alive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic