Cintri Garbage Company to be Nationalized Says PM

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Cintri Garbage Company to be Nationalized Says PM

Post by newkidontheblock »

No trash piles nor a trash smell on the street of iRoha Hotel ...

Let the jealously stones fly ...
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

timmydownawell wrote:Guy in a shop on St 19 told me they had to pay $50 to Cintri and that all the other shops did as well.

I don't understand uncoupling the billing from EDC. Who is going to pay a separate $0.80 invoice? And if you don't pay it, what will happen? It's not like they can tell which is your rubbish and leave it behind. Makes sense to have it included on the EDC bill because if you don't pay it... you'll soon get an incentive.
I'm glad they did although I'm the minority. I live outside of the city and Cintri has never been within 2km of my place yet they charge 20,000R a month for trash collecting. December my bill showed I was paid up on electricity but had a 420,000R outstanding balance...all trash. I never paid it. I went to the office half dozen times, phone calls, emails, etc...they agreed Cintri doesn't service our area but couldn't figure out how to remove and stop the monthly charges. Now January bill has no trash charges on it. Looks much better.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cintri Workers Protest in Phnom Penh
Cambodia News: On 28 January 2020, Cintri employees protested that they have not been paid their wages and compensation. They say that they will continue to protest in front of the Cintri Company, at # 442D Monivong Blvd, in Phnom Penh, until their demands are met.
The authorities said that the workers have the right to demonstrate, but they must not block the pavement or the road.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 pm Cintri Workers Protest in Phnom Penh
Cambodia News: On 28 January 2020, Cintri employees protested that they have not been paid their wages and compensation. They say that they will continue to protest in front of the Cintri Company, at # 442D Monivong Blvd, in Phnom Penh, until their demands are met.
The authorities said that the workers have the right to demonstrate, but they must not block the pavement or the road.
Well I hope the authorities tell the driver of the white Lexus in that pic to not park on the footpath.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Is anyone actually paying them?

Unless you're a business with a shop front to keep clean ( yeah, ha ha) why would you bother paying an 80c bill?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:30 pm Is anyone actually paying them?

Unless you're a business with a shop front to keep clean ( yeah, ha ha) why would you bother paying an 80c bill?
Sure, taking them off the EDC bill must have ruined them. Great planning, now there are piles of garbage everywhere and no sign of any replacement. When it does come along you can bet the cost of disposal will multiply.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Hardest job in this whole country and those guys don't get paid while other people steal what they can get. Great country.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

In my area is clean. Everyone keeps their rubbish until Cintri boys arrive and toot their horn. A certain sense of Civic Pride prevails. Even the construction piles of sand and gravel are neat and tidy.

They get Ang Pao too, and other seasonal tips .

We are grateful to the Cintri crew.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

My area was very clean a year or so back, they came by every day. Now they hardly bother picking up half the refuse and the place is a mess.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:06 am My area was very clean a year or so back, they came by every day. Now they hardly bother picking up half the refuse and the place is a mess.
That's a real shame! :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic