Crocodile handbags?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Crocodile handbags?

Post by John Bingham »

Anyone know where to get one?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by Mishmash »

r
John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm Anyone know where to get one?
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.facebook.com/jjcrcodile
lin.chea-ronh
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by lin.chea-ronh »

:P
For me I am having this corkidile bag for 3 year.It is too much beautiful. If the man need to make Khmer day happy ,please to buy her 1 .when I take my bag for anyplace ,so much lady like to touch it .
:stir: Be seeing you this weekend & doing some photo display ,c\o Jun Jun guesthouse .
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Opposite U-Care, Siem Reap Pub Street entrance

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm r
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Thanks, I didn't notice your post before. I did find JJ on Google but wasn't sure if it was still operating. I don't want a crocodile bag myself, someone important from the company wants one. Are there any issues with exporting these, as in CITES regulations etc?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 pm
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Thanks, I didn't notice your post before. I did find JJ on Google but wasn't sure if it was still operating. I don't want a crocodile bag myself, someone important from the company wants one. Are there any issues with exporting these, as in CITES regulations etc?
Hi JB.

Depends the species.

According to the databases.

Crocodylus Siamensis - Siamese Crocodile is on the IUCN Red List - Critically Endangered and the CITES Appendix I which means the trade is subject the the strictest of controls

22 crocodile farms in Cambodia have been approved by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (Cites) to export crocodile leather

In the wild the species in endangered, but the farms (around 700, with 445 registered domestically but no CITES permits) have a plentiful stock.

Crocodile skin exports from Cambodia, according to the best figures available, amount to around $4 million annually.

Without the correct permits, products are liable to seizure.

The registered farms have a CITES tag on the skin so the legality is established beyond doubt and can be traded with the correct documentation for both export and the destination country's import license.

Here is the link to the CITES registered farms

https://www.cites.org/eng/common/reg/cb/KH
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

fax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 pm Opposite U-Care, Siem Reap Pub Street entrance

I was only in that shop on monday on a short trip to SR. Some nice products in there
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:32 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 pm
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Hi JB.

Depends the species.

According to the databases.

Crocodylus Siamensis - Siamese Crocodile is on the IUCN Red List - Critically Endangered and the CITES Appendix I which means the trade is subject the the strictest of controls

22 crocodile farms in Cambodia have been approved by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (Cites) to export crocodile leather

In the wild the species in endangered, but the farms (around 700, with 445 registered domestically but no CITES permits) have a plentiful stock.

Crocodile skin exports from Cambodia, according to the best figures available, amount to around $4 million annually.

Without the correct permits, products are liable to seizure.

The registered farms have a CITES tag on the skin so the legality is established beyond doubt and can be traded with the correct documentation for both export and the destination country's import license.

Here is the link to the CITES registered farms

https://www.cites.org/eng/common/reg/cb/KH
Thanks, as far as I know most crocodiles that are farmed here are a hybrid Siamese/ Saltwater variety, which could lead to some confusion. Also most skins are exported to Vietnam/ Thailand for further processing and manufacture. Apparently the main export from crocodile farms here is hatchlings.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Thanks, as far as I know most crocodiles that are farmed here are a hybrid Siamese/ Saltwater variety, which could lead to some confusion. Also most skins are exported to Vietnam/ Thailand for further processing and manufacture. Apparently the main export from crocodile farms here is hatchlings.
Yeah.

Cambodia has limited processing facilities but you can check with the shops to see the tags.

I have the same problems with buying and exporting wood products (which is a good thing as it limits the competition).

Anyway - back to your particular problem - if you CAN get the tags, which is definitely possible here as the farms have the licences for export, you may have a lucrative line, as Minister Veng Sakhon wants Cambodia to move up the Supply Value Chain.

Hermes’ highly sought-after crocodile Birkin bags can retail for $60,000, at least for those who can endure years-long waiting lists.

It takes two grown skins from a three year old croc to make one bag.

Must be one hell of a boss :beer3:

The shops can tell you if they can export for you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, but even a cow leather bag from Hermes is going to cost a serious amount. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic