Crocodile handbags?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4145
Armenia

Crocodile handbags?

Post by John Bingham »

Anyone know where to get one?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by Mishmash »

r
John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm Anyone know where to get one?
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.facebook.com/jjcrcodile
User avatar
lin.chea-ronh
BANNED
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:32 pm
Reputation: 23
Location: Phnom Penh - kampong Spue
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by lin.chea-ronh »

:P
For me I am having this corkidile bag for 3 year.It is too much beautiful. If the man need to make Khmer day happy ,please to buy her 1 .when I take my bag for anyplace ,so much lady like to touch it .
:stir: Be seeing you this weekend & doing some photo display ,c\o Jun Jun guesthouse .
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1236
Korea North

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by fax »

Opposite U-Care, Siem Reap Pub Street entrance

Image

Image
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4145
Armenia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by John Bingham »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm r
John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm Anyone know where to get one?
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.facebook.com/jjcrcodile
Thanks, I didn't notice your post before. I did find JJ on Google but wasn't sure if it was still operating. I don't want a crocodile bag myself, someone important from the company wants one. Are there any issues with exporting these, as in CITES regulations etc?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 pm
Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm r
John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm Anyone know where to get one?
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.facebook.com/jjcrcodile
Thanks, I didn't notice your post before. I did find JJ on Google but wasn't sure if it was still operating. I don't want a crocodile bag myself, someone important from the company wants one. Are there any issues with exporting these, as in CITES regulations etc?
Hi JB.

Depends the species.

According to the databases.

Crocodylus Siamensis - Siamese Crocodile is on the IUCN Red List - Critically Endangered and the CITES Appendix I which means the trade is subject the the strictest of controls

22 crocodile farms in Cambodia have been approved by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (Cites) to export crocodile leather

In the wild the species in endangered, but the farms (around 700, with 445 registered domestically but no CITES permits) have a plentiful stock.

Crocodile skin exports from Cambodia, according to the best figures available, amount to around $4 million annually.

Without the correct permits, products are liable to seizure.

The registered farms have a CITES tag on the skin so the legality is established beyond doubt and can be traded with the correct documentation for both export and the destination country's import license.

Here is the link to the CITES registered farms

https://www.cites.org/eng/common/reg/cb/KH
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 207
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by Soriya »

fax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 pm Opposite U-Care, Siem Reap Pub Street entrance

Image

Image
I was only in that shop on monday on a short trip to SR. Some nice products in there
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4145
Armenia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by John Bingham »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:32 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 pm
Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm r
John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm Anyone know where to get one?
JJ Crocodile Leather JB

JJ Crocodile Leather is selling all crocodile leather products such as Wallet, Purse, Shoes, Boots, Watch and so on.

Our shop is near Sovanna Shopping Center. Address: East of Sovanna Supermarket, St Topaz, inside Sovanna Fresh Fruit Market, Shop number A0102.

Contact Person Chamroeun
Phone 093340456
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.facebook.com/jjcrcodile
Thanks, I didn't notice your post before. I did find JJ on Google but wasn't sure if it was still operating. I don't want a crocodile bag myself, someone important from the company wants one. Are there any issues with exporting these, as in CITES regulations etc?
Hi JB.

Depends the species.

According to the databases.

Crocodylus Siamensis - Siamese Crocodile is on the IUCN Red List - Critically Endangered and the CITES Appendix I which means the trade is subject the the strictest of controls

22 crocodile farms in Cambodia have been approved by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (Cites) to export crocodile leather

In the wild the species in endangered, but the farms (around 700, with 445 registered domestically but no CITES permits) have a plentiful stock.

Crocodile skin exports from Cambodia, according to the best figures available, amount to around $4 million annually.

Without the correct permits, products are liable to seizure.

The registered farms have a CITES tag on the skin so the legality is established beyond doubt and can be traded with the correct documentation for both export and the destination country's import license.

Here is the link to the CITES registered farms

https://www.cites.org/eng/common/reg/cb/KH
Thanks, as far as I know most crocodiles that are farmed here are a hybrid Siamese/ Saltwater variety, which could lead to some confusion. Also most skins are exported to Vietnam/ Thailand for further processing and manufacture. Apparently the main export from crocodile farms here is hatchlings.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1144
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Thanks, as far as I know most crocodiles that are farmed here are a hybrid Siamese/ Saltwater variety, which could lead to some confusion. Also most skins are exported to Vietnam/ Thailand for further processing and manufacture. Apparently the main export from crocodile farms here is hatchlings.
Yeah.

Cambodia has limited processing facilities but you can check with the shops to see the tags.

I have the same problems with buying and exporting wood products (which is a good thing as it limits the competition).

Anyway - back to your particular problem - if you CAN get the tags, which is definitely possible here as the farms have the licences for export, you may have a lucrative line, as Minister Veng Sakhon wants Cambodia to move up the Supply Value Chain.

Hermes’ highly sought-after crocodile Birkin bags can retail for $60,000, at least for those who can endure years-long waiting lists.

It takes two grown skins from a three year old croc to make one bag.

Must be one hell of a boss :beer3:

The shops can tell you if they can export for you.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4145
Armenia

Re: Crocodile handbags?

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, but even a cow leather bag from Hermes is going to cost a serious amount. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andy.durke, jimpson, Joakim, Keitaro, theKid, xandreu and 181 guests