Creepy Siem Reap Pass-App Driver Propositions Woman Customer for Sex

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Creepy Siem Reap Pass-App Driver Propositions Woman Customer for Sex

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bringing this to your attention for general information.

Siem Reap: A western woman in Siem Reap has reported on social media today that her Pass-app tuktuk driver wanted to have sex with her. He asked her, she repeatedly refused, and fortunately, it went no further.
The woman concerned posted about this on social media in order to bring it to the attention of other women. She has contacted the pass-app office in Siem Reap to complain by email, but will they do anything about a driver who is creeping out their customers with unwanted sexual propositions ?
Let's hope they act. This guy should be fired. And the tuktuk companies need to spell it out to their drivers that any sort of sexual advances to customers will be grounds for instant dismissal. It's unacceptable.
I hate needing to do this here, but I think it’s important. Last night my PassApp driver asked me for sex. I was alone. I didn’t like being in the situation. I gave home “no” in English and Khmer as he tried asking in both languages. It was very clear, this wasn’t a language problem.
I’ve emailed PassApp in the hopes they’ll consider looking into it.
The world is a system of checks and balances, and last night’s situation was, in my opinion, not one that keeps respective balances. I feel pretty strongly that I should be able to request a taxi without being asked for sex. And I believe there’s value in posting in a public place.
I don’t desire to make this a social discussion but I suppose the whole platform allows for that. My intention is to be one of encouragement to others who’ve been in the same situation and I hope you too will feel free to contact the company or any other respective authorities if you agree that this is not a desirable situation.
Thank you to the woman for going public with this.

Also, in the comments section, someone has posted the details of a helpful tourist police officer to contact in Siem Reap.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Creepy Siem Reap Pass-App Driver Propositions Woman Customer for Sex

Post by Phnom Poon »

was it an ask or an offer?
plenty of satisfied japanese customers

monstra mihi bona!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

She is not the only one. I have had other Western women tell me similar things.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Now we have Cambodian Pass-app drivers acting towards foreign women the same way barang men act towards Cambodian women. Creepy? Something must be done immediately about this.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

cambo swa wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:54 pm Now we have Cambodian Pass-app drivers acting towards foreign women the same way barang men act towards Cambodian women. Creepy? Something must be done immediately about this.
it seems to me it's the same (but opposite to what you say):
cambodian women harassing western males for sex
perhaps there's sexy in the genes

monstra mihi bona!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:13 am
cambo swa wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:54 pm Now we have Cambodian Pass-app drivers acting towards foreign women the same way barang men act towards Cambodian women. Creepy? Something must be done immediately about this.
It seems like you exist in a parallel universe. Cambodian women may flirt a little but the idea that they could harass Western males for sex doesn't really exist outside of a few girly bars in Daun Penh District.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:54 am
Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:13 am
It seems like you exist in a parallel universe. Cambodian women may flirt a little but the idea that they could harass Western males for sex doesn't really exist outside of a few girly bars in Daun Penh District.
it seems to me you take everything too literally

monstra mihi bona!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

PP, yesterday you suggested a new member was here "for kids", and made insinuations about his dog.
You repeatedly diss individuals, and whole nationalities, with sweeping snide comments about their sexual proclivities.
How are we supposed to take you?

Maybe pull back a bit with this kind of stuff - if you ever want to be taken seriously.
(let alone respected)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:39 am PP, yesterday you suggested a new member was here "for kids", and made insinuations about his dog.
You repeatedly diss individuals, and whole nationalities, with sweeping snide comments about their sexual proclivities.
How are we supposed to take you?
with a pinch of salt!
and it was only hours ago

monstra mihi bona!
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

explorer wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:39 pm She is not the only one. I have had other Western women tell me similar things.
A 73 year old woman posted bin the FB group that it happened to her.

I think every tuk tuk driver propositions every white lady customer for sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic