Canadia Bank now charging fees

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Canadia Bank now charging fees

Post by StroppyChops »

That's a cash advance from an account in the black - purely exchange rate, the ATM gave a breakdown on the screen and I had to accept a waiver that I wouldn't complain to MasterCard about it before I got the cash. I'm staying with WU in future. At least they are up front and honest when they're raping you.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
johnnyj
Expatriate

Post by johnnyj »

StroppyChops wrote:That's a cash advance from an account in the black - purely exchange rate, the ATM gave a breakdown on the screen and I had to accept a waiver that I wouldn't complain to MasterCard about it before I got the cash. I'm staying with WU in future. At least they are up front and honest when they're raping you.
WU is more - forced consent. You know they will fuck you in the ass.

The bank is rape.

I would complain straight to ANZ rather than MasterCard.

They are pretty good (at least the NZ variant) at responding to internet banking secure mail...

Like when a hotel employee tried to charge $15600 to my visa card and they blocked my card, (was supposed to be $156.00)

They reactivated within 24 hours

(They have pattern analysis that will freeze accounts automatically when out of pattern)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Check this out:
Today's exchange rate is 1.23AUD to the USD, and I bet ANZR can't justify the $43 discrepancy - that's nearly 10% if the withdrawal. Remember, this is before ANZ's fees. Suddenly makes WU look like choir boys in the greater scheme of things.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Hotdigr wrote:
takeoman wrote:Looks like Canadia have finally got round to implementing the changes that were rumored when they updated their machines, a few months ago. :hattip:
Looks like it unfortunately. I went to the owntown Canadia bank this morning and sure enough, was charged $4. C#nts! Ah well, nothing we can do about it. All the bitchin' and whingin' in the world isn't going to change ANY banks policies - tha greedy muthafukn....whoooaa, damn,its not witching hour yet, so I'm still in control Dragon boy. SOON though mate, just you wait!
Made my weekly visit to the Canadia ATM in Takeo Town this morning. Seems the charge hasn't yet reached this far, as I wasn't charged a fee. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

This appears on the Canadia Bank web site.
"Mastercard,Cirrus,Maestro,Plus and Union Pay, which are issued outside of Cambodia will now charge US$4 for Cash Withdrawal(except for Visa issued by banks in Europe).
It will take effect from December 15,2014 onward.
It would appear it all depends on what card you have as to whether you get charged or not. Also the atm in Takeo Town now gives verbal instructions in a Scottish accent. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I went to Maybank with my Aussie issued Visa, no fee. See how long it lasts. It's bad enough now with the crappy exchange rate, down 20%, but getting stung $4 bucks for the transaction really sucks.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I went to Maybank yesterday and they wouldn't take my Visa
ATM from US bank
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic