Canadia Bank now charging fees

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Canadia Bank now charging fees

Post by Hotdigr »

takeoman wrote:Looks like Canadia have finally got round to implementing the changes that were rumored when they updated their machines, a few months ago. :hattip:
Looks like it unfortunately. I went to the owntown Canadia bank this morning and sure enough, was charged $4. C#nts! Ah well, nothing we can do about it. All the bitchin' and whingin' in the world isn't going to change ANY banks policies - tha greedy muthafukn....whoooaa, damn,its not witching hour yet, so I'm still in control Dragon boy. SOON though mate, just you wait!
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Hotdigr wrote:
takeoman wrote:Looks like Canadia have finally got round to implementing the changes that were rumored when they updated their machines, a few months ago. :hattip:
Looks like it unfortunately. I went to the owntown Canadia bank this morning and sure enough, was charged $4. C#nts! Ah well, nothing we can do about it. All the bitchin' and whingin' in the world isn't going to change ANY banks policies - tha greedy muthafukn....whoooaa, damn,its not witching hour yet, so I'm still in control Dragon boy. SOON though mate, just you wait!
What choo talking about, Willis?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Satiated Parrot wrote: What choo talking about, Willis?
:stir: Piss take on the Dragon mate. To do with another thread!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Why not just open a bank account in Cambodia if you live, or spend a lot of time, here. Transfer money to it from your overseas account yes, this will cost you, but if you send a decent chunk then its worth it and then you won't have to worry about all the small ATM withdrawl fees which do add up over time.

I highly recommend ABA.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

an additional scam the banks have going is this reimbursment thing. Your receipt printout is done with special ink and process. Put it in your wallet or whatever and in some days most all of it becomes BLANK. I was told that's to keep crooks from fishing out receipts from the trash bin and using the info. Highly doubt it, as unless you put those receipts in an envelop and mail them from Cambodia PRONTO it'll be blank. Now firstly that's a pain in the ass and they KNOW it. Secondly it'll add up with postal costs for mail going halfway around the globe. I'd like to know just what percentage actually DO reimburse. They KNOW you used another ATM it's in the records, they COULD write a program that would automatically DO THIS upon the transaction. Don't tell me they're smart enough to run a bank and can't do that. SCAM. Plain and simple.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Okay ....just hit the Maybank head office atm, and whilst a bit primitive space invaders like technology, it only warned me that my foreign bank may charge a fee.

Card used was an oz visa branded global travel debit card.

Took out $300 Got 2x100 and 10x10 delivered. :beer3:

Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Thanks for the intel kgb!
johnnyj
Expatriate

Post by johnnyj »

My anz nz card is fee free (albeit shite exchange rate) on anz royal atms
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ANZR ATM charged me $630AUD for $480USD on my ANZ MasterCard today, not including my home bank charges.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
johnnyj
Expatriate

Post by johnnyj »

StroppyChops wrote:ANZR ATM charged me $630AUD for $480USD on my ANZ MasterCard today, not including my home bank charges.
Ouch!!

That a cash advance or a withdrawal?

I specifically spoke to my bank manager when I was back there and she assured me it would be no fee (just the exchange rates) and I haven't been hit with a fee yet.

I have "fee free" banking due to my situation... But I would be on to my bank like a lightening strike if they did that.

I know a mate who is with bendigo bank who is fee free, plus he has the 28 degrees card.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic