Phnom Penh Expat Down to His Last 44 Cents & Needs a $2,500 Loan

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Phnom Penh Expat Down to His Last 44 Cents & Needs a $2,500 Loan

Post by explorer »

Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 am Someone posted it was on ceo. Some people saying what i shit site this is full of over 60 deadbeats etc.
Many people dont seem to see, a lot of things posted here do come across badly to people reading them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Screw those people. This is where they run when they need visa advice or wonder how much to pay a driver.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

The world is a harsh and unforgiving place. The sooner people realise they aren’t special, nothing is free, choices come with consequences and sometimes bad shit happens for no reason the better they will be able to deal with it and more importantly, not make it a problem for everyone else.

And yeah, slag of CEO for being harsh and truthful, but I feel most on here are fair. We just have a distaste for BSht.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I feel, too often a person asks a serious question, and people just make fun of them, instead of giving them good advice. A large proportion of posts here are not serious, but just making a joke of something.

Too many things posted are also offensive. I recently commented on the 'beautiful girl' involved in an accident. Put yourself in her situation. Would you like what is being said?

I think if someone is involved in a premeditated crime, they are fair game. You can say they look like criminals, or whatever. But people who have not done anything wrong, should not have offensive things said about them.

Often the person involved may not read it, but other readers find it offensive.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

I have - sorry - never read such a nonsense here and you should not publish such a thing here! Adult people should be able to abide by the rules of society and be able to reason about their own situation. And here is only three solutions: 1. Embassy 2. Immigration police Phnom Penh 3. stupid person who spend money with no return... :)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

So, is everyone on Facebook rallying and passing the hat around to help this poor soul?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:45 am I feel, too often a person asks a serious question, and people just make fun of them, instead of giving them good advice. A large proportion of posts here are not serious, but just making a joke of something.

Too many things posted are also offensive. I recently commented on the 'beautiful girl' involved in an accident. Put yourself in her situation. Would you like what is being said?

I think if someone is involved in a premeditated crime, they are fair game. You can say they look like criminals, or whatever. But people who have not done anything wrong, should not have offensive things said about them.

Often the person involved may not read it, but other readers find it offensive.
Said the guy who claims all tuk-tuk drivers are in cahoots with the bag snatchers. too busy preaching to pay attention to his own actions. explorer, there is nothing like a sanctimonious hypocrite. Or is it also your opinion that all tuk-tuk drivers can 't read so they wouldn t be offended by your slagging them?
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

Someone's been aggressively pruning this thread to remove all the fun... do they confuse this forum for a dry dull workplace or something?!
I'm not like other boys...
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Jacques,

PM me and I'll give you email address of a Nigerian who pays extremely well for a little help.
You could be next.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Explorer - stuff from CEO news is directly translated from Khmer news. The Khmer news reports it as ‘beautiful girl’, and so CEO reports it the same way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic