Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Post by CaptainNemo »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:37 am

The stable genius defends his betrayal of the Kurds because they didn t help us in WW2. In fact there was no Kurdistan at the time. Great and unmatched wisdom at work

Funny neither did the Germans, the Italians or the Japanese help us and yet we haven t abanded them (yet). What an Ass.
Whilst I don't tend to jump on the Trumpophobe bus, this is not the sort of thing that will play well to his own supporters. They tend to be the sort of crowd for whom war and betrayal are big deals. This is more like the kind of thing Obama would have done, like during the Arab Spring... just shrugging and abandoning people.

I don't quite get how this is consistent with the same set of people being opposed to things like to partitionining of Ukraine - which didn't exist before 1991 either.
Should the west support all self-determination that involves carving countries out of other countries (Ukraine is carved out of the territories of other countries, as Kurdistan would be), or cessationism from parts of other countries (like Crimea, that was illegally conjoined to Ukraine by Khrushchev), or the historical claims of ancient states like Kurdistan, Tibet, Hawai'i, etc... or not?
I'm not like other boys...
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they didn't help the US in WWII

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

President Donald Trump assured the Kurds Wednesday that there will one day be a very nice tree planted in Washington, D.C. commemorating their deaths

“Our Kurdish allies should rest assured that, despite the fact that U.S. troops will no longer provide them with military support, at some point in the future there will be a very good tree with branches, leaves, and bark memorializing their untimely and very brutal demise,” said Trump, promising that even if there wasn’t a plaque or anything denoting that the tree was intended as a tribute to the slaughter of Kurdish fighters and civilians, visitors would probably leave “flowers or little stuffed bears” to let others know that it was a sad tree. “You have my firm commitment that in 30 or 40 years, any tourist who happens to stumble upon the tree in a small park off K Street might think about how you were massacred for a second or two. And even if we forget which tree is actually the Kurd Tree, trust me when I say that it will be there somewhere.”

They supported my country and did our dirty work, got betrayed but hey it's not all bad there will be a very good tree with branches, leaves, and bark memorializing their untimely and very brutal demise. Not just any tree but a very good tree with branches, leaves and bark. This guy would sell his mother dead body to make soap out of. What a POS
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

Got a source for that?

Who's that effing cowboy with the stetsan and handlebar moustache?

When I was growing up, I genuinely believed America was a fictional place that only existed on telly... it never ceases to look like a cartoon...
I'm not like other boys...
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

CaptainNemo wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:30 pm Got a source for that?

Who's that effing cowboy with the stetsan and handlebar moustache?

When I was growing up, I genuinely believed America was a fictional place that only existed on telly... it never ceases to look like a cartoon...
I looked at the website again and it is the onion. (satire) sorry I didn t read that part. Sad thing I can t tell what is real and what is make-believe anymore. I take it back, but tRump is still a duplicitous douchebag.

The guy in the photo with the moustache is McLoud. He was on a tv show by the same name on NBC for seven seasons. Famous detective in NYC.

I am full of shit, no idea who it is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic