Two Russian Men Ask Cambodian Immigration to Send Them Home

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Russian Men Ask Cambodian Immigration to Send Them Home

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On October 8, 2019, at 10:30 am, two Russian men went to the Department of Investigation and Procedure Office at the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh asking for help to send them back to their country. They overstayed their visas, and they don't have the money to pay for a new visa.

The two Russian men were identified as:
1. KUPRIENKO ALBERT​, 24 years old, came to Cambodia on June 21, 2019, through Phnom Penh International Airport. His visa was expired on July 21, 2019.
2. MOSHKIN MAKSIM​, 31 years old, came to Cambodia on December 01, 2017, through Prek Chak border. His visa was expired on July 21, 2019.
The two Russian men were sent to the Department of Investigation and Procedure of Immigration to follow the legal procedure.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Russian Men Ask Cambodian Immigration to Send Them Home

Post by Mishmash »

FFS Visa and WP is the equivalent of two cans of beer a day. :facepalm:

Has everyone missed something down at the DoI and they really are offering free luxury accommodation, free food and beverage, free haircuts and flights home?

Or is it face-saving Khmer Style for people caught in the dragnet?

I'm almost curious enough to go and see what the holding cells are like.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm FFS Visa and WP is the equivalent of two cans of beer a day. :facepalm:

Has everyone missed something down at the DoI and they really are offering free luxury accommodation, free food and beverage, free haircuts and flights home?

Love How all costs in cambodia have to be put in The perspective of How many beers they represent.

Like if some one hesitate to change from their overpriced room because its only 100 dollars a month they dont give a fuck but when you explain that they can drink 6 beers a day for The money they save they start to think a little bit harder.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Albror wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm FFS Visa and WP is the equivalent of two cans of beer a day. :facepalm:

Love How all costs in cambodia have to be put in The perspective of How many beers they represent.

Like if some one hesitate to change from their overpriced room because its only 100 dollars a month they dont give a fuck but when you explain that they can drink 6 beers a day for The money they save they start to think a little bit harder.
Universal currency - saves having to convert to Russian Roubles or the last similar Post with the 3 Indians handing themselves in - Rupees.

Pretty much inflation proof here in the KoW - exchange rate only varies with the promo ring pulls
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes its not clear whether foreigners are really handing themselves in voluntarily, or whether this is just a new Khmer news expression for getting busted by immigration.
@Mishmash Good idea. Why don't you go visit that Scottish man in the holding cells and ask him if he gave himself up like they said ? :popcorn:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Yes its not clear whether foreigners are really handing themselves in voluntarily, or whether this is just a new Khmer news expression for getting busted by immigration.
@Mishmash Good idea. Why don't you go visit that Scottish man in the holding cells and ask him if he gave himself up like they said ? :popcorn:
I AM curious. But in this case @fax says he was arrested sleeping rough on Street 51 and @splashback reckons he is a wanted felon.

I will check it out though - probably with the Russkies and/or the Indians
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm I'm almost curious enough to go and see what the holding cells are like.
You can see videos here https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/t ... sed-888132
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

fax wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm I'm almost curious enough to go and see what the holding cells are like.
You can see videos here https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/t ... sed-888132
Thanks @fax saves messing around.

Unfortunately the vids won't play on my PC - but I can imagine and being there is not my cup of tea.

The 'handing in' seems strange but maybe they really had no choice, especially as the Visa and WP for any kind of meaningful income is fairly strict nowadays.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: Re " The mad Scotsman ;Allan Wymess did not voluntarily report to the immergration Dept ,his mad ,loud, & stupid behavior finally promted the cops to intervene.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

MarkRobinson wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:25 pm his mad ,loud, & stupid behavior
That's just how you ask what time it is in Scotland.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic