Ukrainian Music Teacher MIRAB BABAIAN at Canadian International School Allegedly Rips Off Woman for $8,000

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
J21H21
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ukrainian Music Teacher MIRAB BABAIAN at Canadian International School Allegedly Rips Off Woman for $8,000

Post by J21H21 »

This story is hilariously sad. It sounds like a Kafka novel....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Ukrainian Music Teacher MIRAB BABAIAN at Canadian International School Allegedly Rips Off Woman for $8,000

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The woman in the video has reached out to CEO again to try and clarify exactly how she was scammed, and it does sound like he might not have a new, valid visa, although we should probably take anything he says with a grain of salt. She told us this and included some more screenshots. She also included what she says is a screenshot of a fake Facebook account that he used to scam her, but we won't include it, as it appears it's likely a fake account of a real Cambodian official:

He said to buy instrument for his school. He also said his school need violin, viola, cello for teaching student and he said he can buy it for school and we get profit. He also said his school make agreement to buy from him and no risk. If his school not buy he can return those instrument to malasia and they send money back for us. But till now he dont give even one cent.

I also ask him why your school not buy in Cambodia? He said in Cambodia not good quality and price is high and he is a professional for those instrument( he can know good quality or not. Nobody in his school have the experience on this instrument). And said 100% no risk.

And he told me that no longer than 10 days we get back our money with the profit. But till now nearly 6months that he not give me money back. Otherwise he made fake account fb to cheat my money and i just know when he leave from his apartment where i work for.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Is Donald Trump involved?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I don't mean to be difficult, but....

The teacher planning to profit from selling instruments to the school that employs him is almost certainly guilty of unethical and dishonest behaviour. You cannot imagine any school agreeing to that.
My "difficult" question is - Is the woman who was "ripped off" also culpable?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

mcam wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:07 pm Surely CIS wouldn't have employed him without a valid visa? Does he even work there?
The video shows they confronted him outside his workplace as he was leaving to go home.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 am I don't mean to be difficult, but....

The teacher planning to profit from selling instruments to the school that employs him is almost certainly guilty of unethical and dishonest behaviour. You cannot imagine any school agreeing to that.
Probably no more a conspirator than the school director that buys the food for the student's lunches from his sister-in-law.
My wife is the overseas marketing director for an organic rice operation, their purchaser resigned suddenly and she was asked to cover the position until the women could be replaced. One of the things she needed to get was those woven plastic sacks that hold 50 kg of rice. We went on a Saturday to the old market area in Sisaket as I noticed there were a lot of farm supplies sold nearby and purchased 250 of them, the shop asked what she wanted the price on the invoice to say. She said what we pay for them, thank you. First time buying from this firm and a smallish quantity, she purchased the bags at 1/3 less than what the rice farm has been paying. FFS, no wonder the purchaser left suddenly, I don t feel much pity for the cheated financer of the scheme.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 am I don't mean to be difficult, but....

It's a really valid point bro...

Making a profit is reasonable and not against the law - one of the purposes of business.

She did in fact loan the money to the school, through him... with a reasonable expectation of reward

I agree - It's questionable ethics and certainly he abused his position if not declaring personal gain.

I wonder if the school got their instruments and paid or if the "fiddler" scammed the lot..

Either way - I doubt I'll stand him a beer - shady and a toss-pot in the video.

The immigration office is open and welcoming.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

@CEOCambodiaNews do you know whether the school received the musical instruments?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 am

It's a really valid point bro...

Making a profit is reasonable and not against the law - one of the purposes of business.

She did in fact loan the money to the school, through him... with a reasonable expectation of reward

I agree - It's questionable ethics and certainly he abused his position if not declaring personal gain.

I wonder if the school got their instruments and paid or if the "fiddler" scammed the lot..

Either way - I doubt I'll stand him a beer - shady and a toss-pot in the video.

The immigration office is open and welcoming.
Unless she has a loan agreement with the school or he is authorized to borrow in the school's name and had their consent, the school has nothing to do with it. It appears the Ukranian figured why settle for the margin between what he paid and what he sold the instruments for when he could get someone else t pay and keep the whole amount.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I don't believe in violence on Sunday's but I think the easyist way to solve this situation it to hire one of those Chinese thugs that haven't been deported yet
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic