Hey Clutch

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Re: Hey Clutch

Post by The Seawolf »

I think I will refrain from posting for a while if I am pissing many of you off so much.

And now I will post something that might be construed as derogatory, even though it is just an opinion:

This forum seems to be mostly retired old men and barflys with fuck all to do all day apart from bitch on here and go for a few beers in the evening and bitch to their non friends.

I used to live and work in Nha Trang and one of the reasons I left was because of this type of washed up loser divorcee expat in early (or usually enforced) retirement doing absolutely nothing to contribute to Vietnam, not even bothering to offer free two hours a week English lessons to their neighbours kids or feeding the local cats, but thinking they have the right to constantly criticize it.

NAAFI. No Ambitions And Fuck all Interests. Proper colonial attitudes.

Also doing nothing all day means small issues became big issues, like this thread in which I have gone from a lair to some kiddie fiddler, and the gossip and back stabbing there was on higher levels that a ladies bridge club. God it was awful. I left after a year.

Many of you guys come across as similar. (And some of you don't at all, by the way. e.g. Kung Fu Hillbilly and his photography thread.)

See you in a few weeks.

lmao

:thumb:
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I gotta agree with fax my creep-o-meter was off the scale reading Nemo and Seawolf, sounding very much like our departed RB, the style of writing, the over sharing of personal details (fake as they may be) and long-winded multiple paragraphs. The other thing is for someone who claims to be educated in Britain at the best schools, I note that you sure use a lot of American/Canadian spellings for words.....
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 am
The Seawolf wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 am I am not Captain Nemo either. I had two other accounts here, both of which I cant remember the names of and none of which I have used simultaneously. What's your point, caller?
Just saying you two have a lot in common, you a screenwriter, him having written fiction, both mention the quality education that you both pissed away because of vandalism. Neither of you has roots of any kind having spent the past 20 or so years searching for a place you could feel accepted for what you are. oh and more than just a hint of narcistic personality disorder added to the mix. But as you say, there is no harm asking. I just think it is amazing that we have a doppelganger of our own now.
I didn't piss away my education. I got thrown out of a school I fucking hated and should never have been sent to, went to 6th form, got good A levels and went to one of the top 5 universities in UK where I graduated with a 2.1. I then worked in the film business for over 10 years before joining the FFL. I am making roots where I am now but before that I travelled the world and have lived in many different countries, something common with many expats. Christ, if I wanted to 'make roots' I would have followed my Eton mates, gone into the city after university, married an English rose and now have 3 kids and a house in Notting Hill Gate.

I am out of here for a while.

Bye.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 am I gotta agree with fax my creep-o-meter was off the scale reading Nemo and Seawolf, sounding very much like our departed RB, the style of writing, the over sharing of personal details (fake as they may be) and long-winded multiple paragraphs. The other thing is for someone who claims to be educated in Britain at the best schools, I note that you sure use a lot of American/Canadian spellings for words.....
I backed up this claim with deep knowledge of Eton and its customs. Its a school. People go there. Same with the FFL.

Ever heard of spellcheck?

Why would I make this up?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:55 pm Different people notice different things. While Clutch is doing his best, it would be better if there were more active moderators to share the load. Another moderator may have picked up on something he missed.

This would also be beneficial from a time perspective. When one moderator is busy, another one may be reading the forum.
You could PM the @General and volunteer....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Duncan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:06 am Another, turn the key thread.
Indeed :mrgreen:
Locked Previous topicNext topic