Kampot to Sihanoukville Taxi in Fatal Crash on National Road 4

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot to Sihanoukville Taxi in Fatal Crash on National Road 4

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia Breaking News: Three people are reported to have died after a three vehicle accident involving a taxi and two trucks on the Ou Trev slope, on National road 4, Sihanoukville. The accident occurred at around noon today, 30 September 2019.

According to the police report, the accident was caused by a white STAREX car, Kampot license plate 2B-216, with driver Seng Pheak, male, 26, a taxi driver in Kampot province, when he pulled out to overtake in a dangerous manner. The taxi hit a truck, which was driving fast downhill, coming from the opposite direction, which then crashed into another truck. One of the truck drivers and two of the seven passengers in the taxi died at the scene.
The Kampot taxi driver has been taken into custody and is being questioned by police.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot to Sihanoukville Taxi in Fatal Crash on National Road 4

Post by canucklhead »

RIP to the deceased. Happy Pchum Benh
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Another grave traffic accident in Kampot province today. Preliminary information:
Kampot: On October 2, 2019 at 5:50 am, there was an accident caused by a minivan between kilometers 61-62 in Sreng Village, Sreng Commune, Chum Kiri District, Kampot Province.
The driver of the minivan is 54-year-old Sim, a resident of Damnak Krab village, Snay Anhit commune, Chum Kiri district, Kampot province.
A total of 16 people were injured in the accident, nine of them seriously, and seven were hospitalized.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Did they just forget the other two seriously injured?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE
The driver's parents said my son was not the cause of the accident, but police say Yes, he was.
October 13, 2019
Sihanoukville, Cambodia Breaking News: Preah Sihanouk Provincial Traffic Police informed the public today that the Kampot taxi driver involved in a fatal accident with two trucks on September 30, 2019, has been charged on three counts.
1/No driver's license
2/ Dangerous driving; overtaking with no visibility
3/Drug use; a urine test showed positive drug use.
The license-less driver was carrying seven passengers to Sihanoukville from Kampot, when he overtook recklessly and caused an accident with two large trucks. Three people were killed outright and the other passengers were also injured.

It appears that the driver's parents are pleading his innocence, but the police say that they have determined that the man was driving dangerously while under the influence of drugs and that he is responsible for the accident. The case has been sent to the Preah Sihanouk Provincial Court for examination.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

No driving licence and positive for meth, give him 10 years at least.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

This is why I prefer to take the risk riding my own motorcycle on these roads
Taxi and Mini Van driver's are terrifying
Who hasn't thought their going to die when traveling in them.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^ I've made my peace with it. Now I just doze while strapped in on the offside rear of any vehicle.

Less stress that way. Stress is a killer too.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am ^ I've made my peace with it. Now I just doze while strapped in on the offside rear of any vehicle.

If you have to use the bus take the big busses they are a bit slower but much safer in my opinion or even take the trains if possible
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am ^ I've made my peace with it. Now I just doze while strapped in on the offside rear of any vehicle.

True about stress but surely the offside is less safe than the nearside?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic