23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fun news:
Takeo: Happy day! A young woman named Som Sreynith, 23, who is currently studying make-up with her sister in Phsar Yeay market and lives in Bati district in Takeo province has found herself the winner of a 100 million riel prize.

Speaking to the team who handed over the top prize, Som Sreynith said that she works with her sister in Phsar Thmey market, and her husband works in a small phone repair business.
She said that before going out to the market to learn her make-up skills with her sister in the market, she often buys green tea, ice cream and sweets from her local mom and pop grocery store. However, earlier this week, she saw that there was 100 million Riel marked in the green tea bottle cap.
She was immediately overwhelmed and shouted at her husband and other neighbors nearby, along with a telephone alert to the company. She also expressed her excitement that after receiving the grand prize of 100 million Riels, she would build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm Fun news:
Takeo: Happy day! A young woman named Som Sreynith, 23, who is currently studying make-up with her sister in Phsar Yeay market and lives in Bati district in Takeo province has found herself the winner of a 100 million riel prize.

Speaking to the team who handed over the top prize, Som Sreynith said that she works with her sister in Phsar Thmey market, and her husband works in a small phone repair business.
She said that before going out to the market to learn her make-up skills with her sister in the market, she often buys green tea, ice cream and sweets from her local mom and pop grocery store. However, earlier this week, she saw that there was 100 million Riel marked in the green tea bottle cap.
She was immediately overwhelmed and shouted at her husband and other neighbors nearby, along with a telephone alert to the company. She also expressed her excitement that after receiving the grand prize of 100 million Riels, she would build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family.

I'm calling it fake news or a big publicity stunt to make people jealous that they didn't win.

Buy our product and you win enough money to build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family,, was the give away.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Grab a granny market...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:29 pm Grab a granny market...
the rep looks fit to me
do you prefer them much younger?

monstra mihi bona!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:42 am
I'm calling it fake news or a big publicity stunt to make people jealous that they didn't win.

Buy our product and you win enough money to build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family,, was the give away.
Do you believe all these promotions are fake because you never won anything on one?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

My best friend's wife delivered a baby boy last week. I went to the hospital and together we cracked 2 tins from the fridge in the room. Won $25. Biggest prize in 10 years - felt good - babies bring luck!!

One of our friends in Porsenchey won a car a couple of years back.

I felt swizzled by the carabao as i drink one every day since i arrived and never even got a free one. last couple of months I have 2 free ones. 2 free ones from 3000 cans is poor odds

I was going to put on the PM's facebook that the Thais were swizzling us.

Never heard of a carabao big win here

Seen a couple of big winners with the tea in the papers
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Do they do this in other countries ? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Sadly, I think it died a long time ago in OZ together with the death of ringpulls...all for the sake of the environment.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Anyone seen a Sreynith Single on Facebook? I’m looking for her for a friend FB****.

Any serious lead will be rewarded with a two year free prescription to this forum. Or 4 years if you wanna (gonna?) play hard ball.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Sadly, I think it died a long time ago in OZ together with the death of ringpulls...all for the sake of the environment.
Ok, but beer comes in cans or bottles, so you can also have winning bottle tops. In the OP it is a winning bottle top, not a ringpull, that generates all this buzz. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic