Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Post by Yobbo »

nemo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm Bell rings, dog drools.
Salivating in anticipation yet who's ringing the bell.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm
Teddy1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:40 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:06 pm
hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm At least China didn’t bring up an unpredictable nonsensical generation of entitled kids with crazy ideas.
True, they brought up a predictable, non free thinking, brainwashed generation of lemmings instead. :plus1:
China has thus far managed to avoid trans kids.

Strange when I was in China last year I met so many kids trying to imitate western style. They called themselves cutesy western names and danced to western music. Not so different after all!!
Did they take puberty blockers, go massively in student loan debt and burn down the Wendy's? That's the real Western style.
Yeah, let's blame Greta for the breakdown of society in the USA, and all the things that you don't like. BLM - Greta, transgender people coming out - Greta, coronavirus -Greta, bad hair fashions and elephant pants - Greta, and so many more. Make up your own. :facepalm:

Greta is Swedish and 16 years old. Suddenly, some people think that this teenage girl is more responsible for the mess in the US than the elected leaders who are supposed to running the country. Go figure.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm
Yeah, let's blame Greta for the breakdown of society in the USA, and all the things that you don't like. BLM - Greta, transgender people coming out - Greta, coronavirus -Greta, bad hair fashions and elephant pants - Greta, and so many more. Make up your own. :facepalm:

Greta is Swedish and 16 years old. Suddenly, some people think that this teenage girl is more responsible for the mess in the US than the elected leaders who are supposed to running the country. Go figure.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I view Greta (and her fame) as more of a symptom.

Also would like to add that I agree with her that our leaders have sold us out hard.

And now it's my bedtime. Later!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Please don't put words in my mouth. I view Greta (and her fame) as more of a symptom.

Also would like to add that I agree with her that our leaders have sold us out hard.

And now it's my bedtime. Later!
Yeah ok, sleep well. And pleasant dreams :mob:
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

I wonder if Greta missing the limelight just a bit..after the 'how dare you' celebrity.. :whistler: :shrug:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm
Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm
hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm working like their fathers and grandfathers
for whose benefit?
i'd say young people (and potentially everyone) have a much clearer view of how the system really works

and have decided it's shit
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Nothing is new under the sun.

What i mean is young people of the west have been late to the party. What they want has already been tried and rejected in the 20th century by asian young kids. Why do you think many asians have been trying so hard to escape to capitalist America for the last 60 years? Vaccination against left ideas comes at a cost of millions of lives lost and unimaginable suffering. It may be it is the West’s turn now.
I don't really get what you are trying to say there. Asians have been moving to America for centuries. Many young people in the west are quite sophisticated, they understand the nuances between health care and gulags. You unfortunately don't.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 pm
hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm
Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm
hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm working like their fathers and grandfathers
for whose benefit?
i'd say young people (and potentially everyone) have a much clearer view of how the system really works

and have decided it's shit
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Nothing is new under the sun.

What i mean is young people of the west have been late to the party. What they want has already been tried and rejected in the 20th century by asian young kids. Why do you think many asians have been trying so hard to escape to capitalist America for the last 60 years? Vaccination against left ideas comes at a cost of millions of lives lost and unimaginable suffering. It may be it is the West’s turn now.
I don't really get what you are trying to say there. Asians have been moving to America for centuries. Many young people in the west are quite sophisticated, they understand the nuances between health care and gulags. You unfortunately don't.
Asians have been escaping, when they could, from communist regimes for the past 60 years to build a new life in developed capitalist nations. They had faced and suffered living under communist regimes in their respective countries and had enough of it.
Now one can figuratively call this a “vaccination” against leftist ideas after decades of revolutions and wars. In Asia they turned back to market economies after the experiment failed.
In America, a century after this was a thing in the eastern hemisphere, we see a rebirth of those ideas.

Why do i need to explain like you are a kindergartner?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Asians (whatever that means) have been going to live on other continents for a lot longer than you can fathom, long before "Communism" was a thing. Pretty much everything you don't agree with is "Asian" , "Communist" or "foreign". Good luck with your bright future amongst foreign communists in Asia. 8)
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Sure, asians were originals settlers of Americas when they crossed the Bering Strait tens of thousands years ago, but how is this relevant?
Back to climate change or whatever the topic.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

How about you tell us about how COVID19 again? By this stage you must be one of world's leading experts on it. Run that spiel by us again. The more you repeat it the more convinced everyone is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic