Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Greta Thunberg's climate change speech

Post by newkidontheblock »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:Like everything else ^^^ to these guys
... it tastes just like Peking Duck
Hey! I like good Peking Duck! Perfectly crispy skin with moist juicy duck meat. Paired with light aromatic hoisin sauce, garnished with fresh chives and cucumbers, all wrapped in a Chinese crepe or bun. Washed down with hot jasmine tea. Yet another victim of coronavirus. *sigh*

Go find another dish to denigrate. But leave the Peking Duck alone!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:Like everything else ^^^ to these guys
... it tastes just like Peking Duck
Hey! I like good Peking Duck! Perfectly crispy skin with moist juicy duck meat. Paired with light aromatic hoisin sauce, garnished with fresh chives and cucumbers, all wrapped in a Chinese crepe or bun. Washed down with hot jasmine tea. Yet another victim of coronavirus. *sigh*

Go find another dish to denigrate. But leave the Peking Duck alone!

Wuhan Duck
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Greta Thunberg called out German Chancellor Angela Merkel for queuing up to take a selfie with her in order to 'look good'

Greta Thunberg called out world leaders for taking selfies with her to “look good,” namedropping German Chancellor Angela Merkel, for one.

She said: “Presidents, prime ministers, kings and princesses came and wanted to talk to me.

“They saw me and suddenly saw the chance that they could take a photo with me for their Instagram account. Then the hashtag #savetheplanet.

“Perhaps it makes them forget the shame of their generation letting all future generations down”, she said. “I guess maybe it helps them to sleep at night.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/gret ... ies-2020-6
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

It’s not particularly hard to look good in a selfie with Greta Thunberg.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

> “Perhaps it makes them forget the shame of their generation letting all future generations down”, she said. “I guess maybe it helps them to sleep at night.”

I hear that in her annoying complaining voice and want to scream.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

crob wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 pm > “Perhaps it makes them forget the shame of their generation letting all future generations down”, she said. “I guess maybe it helps them to sleep at night.”

I hear that in her annoying complaining voice and want to scream.
How dare you!!!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Lol

You clowns are really feeling impotent with this one aren't you?
so poking fun a the rage of our children, and at their chosen leader's disability, is your only reply.

giggle (as all the school girls are at you pathetic crusty old dinasours).
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

I don’t know about her disability but i can see she is extremely arrogant, child or not. Mouthpiece of groups of influence.

Now, some aged fools can fall for stupid ideas as is evidenced again and again, the recent one is covid lockdown propaganda but you should know that listening to stupid ideas does not make you progressive.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm I don’t know about her disability but i can see she is extremely arrogant, child or not. Mouthpiece of groups of influence.

Now, some aged fools can fall for stupid ideas as is evidenced again and again, the recent one is covid lockdown propaganda but you should know that listening to stupid ideas does not make you progressive.
Feeling powerless when kids speak up is just a something that adults should get used to. They are the future whether you like it or not. ;) And as with adults, it should be possible to debate their ideas without attacking the person.

AND I'm not a doctor, but constantly repeating the same thing every time you post may be a sign of dementia. :director: It's also boring and doesn't add to discussion.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

ImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic