Beware of the Massage on street 135

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Beware of the Massage on street 135

Post by fax » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

sambathlui wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:16 pm
This is the lesson to me and I feel so sad when someone at this topic called me ...dickhead.
Don't worry about that guy. They banned him because he behaved like a dickhead.

Thank you for posting the update.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:54 am

Got to admire the guys tenacity.

I was surprised to read they gave him $200 immediately which was an obvious admission of guilt. Most people would have put the rest down to experience and not involved the police. He did and got another $150 (minus 'costs' of course)

I suspect he was one of the lucky ones.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:28 pm

sambathlui wrote:
Update:

Today I went to the Police Station Toul Tom Pong. I was helped by a friendly police. He captured my passport identity page and work with the massage place owner. That son of a bitch denied the total amount 450USD but 350 USD. Police negotiated with him to give me back 150USD more and threatened him that I worked for the ...embassy (actually I dont)

At last, I got 150USD back and I gave 50USD to the police as the complimentary.

Conclusion:

- You should report to the police a.s.a.p, do not go that place alone .
- Do not bring to much money with you.
- Be nice and find the translator to you when talking to police because they do not speak English . (very little)

This is the lesson to me and I feel so sad when someone at this topic called me ...dickhead.

Cheer
Thanks for the update and helpful advice sambathlui. :thumb:
You came out of that quite well IMO. Lesson learned.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:27 am

A great result for you.

Good advice too.

You made a friend with the police with your tip and gave them a positive review which is helpful to everyone.

Good luck
sambathlui
Tourist

Post by sambathlui » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:54 am
Got to admire the guys tenacity.

I was surprised to read they gave him $200 immediately which was an obvious admission of guilt. Most people would have put the rest down to experience and not involved the police. He did and got another $150 (minus 'costs' of course)

I suspect he was one of the lucky ones.
I think we should report to police a.s.a.p to improve the face of this country. I am an expat with a work permit and I did nothing wrong. No prostitution here. They have copy dollars in their pocket meaning that they aggressively go fishing at this area.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 am

sambathlui wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:55 pm
I am an expat with a work permit and I did nothing wrong. No prostitution here.
What does the work permit have to do with this?
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:38 am

sambathlui wrote:
Update:

Today I went to the Police Station Toul Tom Pong. I was helped by a friendly police. He captured my passport identity page and work with the massage place owner. That son of a bitch denied the total amount 450USD but 350 USD. Police negotiated with him to give me back 150USD more and threatened him that I worked for the ...embassy (actually I dont)

At last, I got 150USD back and I gave 50USD to the police as the complimentary.

Conclusion:

- You should report to the police a.s.a.p, do not go that place alone .
- Do not bring to much money with you.
- Be nice and find the translator to you when talking to police because they do not speak English . (very little)

Cheer
you should have contacted the police immediately after receiving only $200 from them.

I do go to the cheap massage parlors and always put my valuables in my pants pocket folded. then, kept under my pillow. I can never relax and always think about how dirty that f-ing pillow must be.
The KOW, where the wonder never ends. "I wonder why..?"
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by clutchcargo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:00 am

Sweet Lemon wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 am
sambathlui wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:55 pm
I am an expat with a work permit and I did nothing wrong. No prostitution here.
What does the work permit have to do with this?
It means OP is a fine, upstanding, law abiding expat.. unlike the massage worker riff raff on st 135 :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic