PP Mega Mall reels in businesses

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: PP Mega Mall reels in businesses

Post by John Bingham »

It's a ridiculous barely-disguised advertisement for a mall that hasn't even been completed yet. There is plenty of unused space around there so I don't imagine parking will be a major issue yet.
the big selling point for malls in se asia is they let you escape the elements....
That's what I believe too. They are large air conditioned buildings where you can stroll about without walking in rain/ heavy sunlight/ a pool of crud or having to dive out of the way of a passing vehicle. I can imagine they'll still be popular for some time to come.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:09 am It's a ridiculous barely-disguised advertisement for a mall that hasn't even been completed yet. There is plenty of unused space around there so I don't imagine parking will be a major issue yet.
the big selling point for malls in se asia is they let you escape the elements....
That's what I believe too. They are large air conditioned buildings where you can stroll about without walking in rain/ heavy sunlight/ a pool of crud or having to dive out of the way of a passing vehicle. I can imagine they'll still be popular for some time to come.
Given that most mall-users seem more interested in taking selfies in front of brand stores than the actual shopping, I would find it hard to disagree with you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:09 am It's a ridiculous barely-disguised advertisement for a mall that hasn't even been completed yet. There is plenty of unused space around there so I don't imagine parking will be a major issue yet.
although the malls might be around for awhile, not can be said about the shops in the mall, If they are there to do business /sales and are not, they cant stay open long. If they are there to only wash money...well thats different.

I agree 100% the malls are built to attract large numbers of Shoppers,wishing to escape the outdoors an walk around comfortably.
How many shoppers buy? would be easy to do a survey as you only need position some students at the exits and remark a list what bags the shoppers are leaving with.

Supermarkets, Dining, Bowling, Theater i would image are the ones that cash in.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic