Vaping in Cambodia & Vietnam

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Vaping in Cambodia & Vietnam

Post by thePeck »

While I don't know exactly problem seems, so far, to be another additive added, Vitamin E acetate oil. I think this might have been used to help the THC oil blend with the VG/PG, or as reported as a thickener. I've been vaping for years with less side effects than smoking. They are not a 100% safe of course, only thing is to not smoke anything. But for me, it's a better option since I smell better and better lungs, imo, than when I was smoking 1 pack a day. Also I use the lowest nicotine amount 2.5/3mg, which means I vape more to recieve enough to satiate my cravings.

@phuketrichard If they didn't have flavored vapes then I'd probably still be smoking cigarettes. I tried tobacco flavored vape juice at first, was a horrible flavor. If I smoked that then I'd be better off smoking cigarettes. As far as nicotine content, I don't know, I smoke the lowest levels and am fine, albeit I vape more to get my fix from 1 pack a day. And now I get less nicotine per day, haven't figured it up in awhile. I'd caution about throwing the baby out with the bath water. I know many guys that vape and love the flavored juices, one big selling point for non-smoking spouses. Doesn't stink up the house and/or clothes. Hell, with me right now I have ButterCream Frosting/French Toast/Caramel Apple.

@marcus Welby I vape there no problem, never in a crowd. I'm not going to do that to other people. Unlike cigarettes you can smoke anywhere, less visible smoke, and no one bats an eye. But the clouds from a vape are shocking to some and more intrusive. Likewise to others, the police have seen mine, no one cares. Maybe because we're expats, if they see a local doing it maybe it's different. There's several vape shops around town, I won't name them in public. But there's people on facebook selling mods/tanks/juice too. But I'd watch out for buying Malaysian/Chinese juices while you're there. Generally pretty shit taste and horrible quality. Insanely thin juice and burns up your cotton fast if you chain vape. Even if it's thin it doesn't have time to re-wet the cotton, burns fast. When me and the misses are out, I'll walk across the street or to and area without people to vape, just be courteous. One thing I do flying with mine, no matter where, disassemble the entire unit i.e. Mod, Tank and batteries. I put the mod and tank in separate bags and keep the batteries in my carry on of course. If someone opens it and see's the mod or tank alone they probably won't think twice or know what it is. You don't know how many times I've had to explain what it is when I carried everything in my carry on, of course still disassembled.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

fax wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:27 am Vape all you want in your own hotel room. Don’t bring that to public thinking people are impressed by your giant strawberry smelling cloud. It’s disgusting.
I would say same applies to any other drugs you want to blow in my face, but I have no doubt that would resukt in outrage that anyone might objext to some good old harmless weed in the face!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

marcus Welby wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm Hi all.

I have been checking online about vaping ib Cambodia & Vietnam, and the answers are hard to find with any certainty, so can I ask you guys

on the ground is it safe to vape, or is it a gray area? Can you get into trouble with the authorities over vaping? Obvs will respect the laws over there, but

it seems crazy that vaping could be illegal out there, and who wants hassle over such a trivial thing?

Many thanks in advance for your input.
To the best of my feeble memory, Samdech HE banned the import, sale or use of vaping devices and hookah pipes several years ago. it is banned in Thailand and there were signs to that effect at customs in Suvarnabuhmi a week ago.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

pczz wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:15 am
marcus Welby wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm Hi all.

I have been checking online about vaping ib Cambodia & Vietnam, and the answers are hard to find with any certainty, so can I ask you guys

on the ground is it safe to vape, or is it a gray area? Can you get into trouble with the authorities over vaping? Obvs will respect the laws over there, but

it seems crazy that vaping could be illegal out there, and who wants hassle over such a trivial thing?

Many thanks in advance for your input.
To the best of my feeble memory, Samdech HE banned the import, sale or use of vaping devices and hookah pipes several years ago. it is banned in Thailand and there were signs to that effect at customs in Suvarnabuhmi a week ago.
Correct, though vaping kits and juice are openly sold pretty openly, at least in Temple Town.
AUDD
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by AUDD »

In PP, there are quite a few mini-marts that sell the juices or can go to a vape shop if not enough variety in the mini marts.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ravensnest wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 am I discreetly vape and have for over a year. apparently on paper, it's illegal but like most things here not enforced. I would not risk vaping in front of a police officer though. surely you'd be subject to paying a "fine".

the 6 US deaths were from juices with THC (weed) not regular e-juice. Either way, how many deaths have there been from cigarettes? only 6 from vaping! isn't that proof enough how much safer vaping is? I sure hope politicians use their brains and not listen to powerful lobbyists.
I would like to see how many people were killed by guns during the same period? 40 a day?
ChesterZ
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by ChesterZ »

Vaping in Vietnam is not legal but you can vape as much as you want but keep doing it politely, even Police's vaping. Here in Cambodia ( PP ) I'm using my Aspire K1 Stealth pod system quite often outdoor but police here is quite hunger for "fine" so maybe it's better to avoid them.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

There is a shit tonne of vape shops in Saigon
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

ChesterZ wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:26 pm Vaping in Vietnam is not legal
Rubbish. There are at least 10 vape shops in Q1 alone.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The Seawolf wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm
ChesterZ wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:26 pm Vaping in Vietnam is not legal
Rubbish. There are at least 10 vape shops in Q1 alone.
Totally legal in Vietnam, as is Shisha.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic