Guy Attacking Woman On Street 148

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

Guy Attacking Woman On Street 148

Post by Randolphgb »

Looks like this happened on Street 148 outside Bar DV8.

The guy in a motorcycle helmet bashes her about, kicks her in the head and has a bit of a tussle before they leave together on his bike.

Plenty of her friends / colleagues in the bar watching but they don't stop him. Lots of tuk tuk drivers on the street here outside the hotel opposite, too.

MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Guy Attacking Woman On Street 148

Post by MarkRobinson »

99.8 % it would be a different outcome if it was a " whitety " doing the kicking \ " punching " .This turd male assults a smaller female & the watching locals do nothing to intervene or repremand the attacker.A foreigner would get badly beaten by a huge crowd ,this glaring situation should reinforce exactly how much this section of Phenom Penh hold us in active contempt,and another reason why I do not permanently reside in P.P.or frequent the bars around riverside.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm 99.8 % it would be a different outcome if it was a " whitety " doing the kicking \ " punching " .This turd male assults a smaller female & the watching locals do nothing to intervene or repremand the attacker.A foreigner would get badly beaten by a huge crowd ,this glaring situation should reinforce exactly how much this section of Phenom Penh hold us in active contempt,and another reason why I do not permanently reside in P.P.or frequent the bars around riverside.
I don't see how this is particular to any area.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm 99.8 % it would be a different outcome if it was a " whitety " doing the kicking \ " punching " .This turd male assults a smaller female & the watching locals do nothing to intervene or repremand the attacker.A foreigner would get badly beaten by a huge crowd ,this glaring situation should reinforce exactly how much this section of Phenom Penh hold us in active contempt,and another reason why I do not permanently reside in P.P.or frequent the bars around riverside.
Actually, as messed up as it is, I'd bet if it was a "whitey" on "whitey" domestic abuse issue, the Khmers would do the same, not get involved. Situations like these are totally fucked. I've worked in bars in my home country and I've seen guys hit their girlfriends/wives and get laid out by another guy only to have the woman immediately start attacking him for hurting her "man". Seen it several times. Not condoning this type of thing at all, but that's the reality.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

looks like he discovered what 'deviate' means

monstra mihi bona!
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

The notion that Khmer males are chivalrous when white men beat up local women isn't usually true. Plenty of reports online of white guys smacking around their local girlfriends and the local men stay out of it.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

Any recent examples ? Where / when ?
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Why is the guy always the bad guy? There are two sides to every story. Maybe he found his wife turning tricks and lost it completely, like anyone would. He seemed to be indicating that she should go, maybe she hadn't bothered to fix his dinner and he was hungry....and dont forget the old expression " a woman a dog and a walnut tree, the more you beat them the better they be ". Except I dont get the bit about the tree.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hdgh29 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am Why is the guy always the bad guy? There are two sides to every story. Maybe he found his wife turning tricks and lost it completely, like anyone would. He seemed to be indicating that she should go, maybe she hadn't bothered to fix his dinner and he was hungry....and dont forget the old expression " a woman a dog and a walnut tree, the more you beat them the better they be ". Except I dont get the bit about the tree.
He is the bad guy because he is assaulting her. If she was the one kicking the guy in the head then she would be the bad guy. What do you not understand ?

She didn't fix his dinner ? :voilent4:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bitch didn't hustle up enough money, she deserves a slap upside the head.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic